Franco021's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Edits keep getting rejected. :(

Fun fact: three months later and I still can't get this place approved! 

Level 10

@stamatia,

I see that the listing 'My Closet' now appears on Google maps. While it isn't the official name, it beats not being that at all right? 🙂

Level 7

@Briggs

Yeah that was the only way I could trick them into adding it, making the name even more minimal and posting a bare-bones listing. I added most of the detail in carefully, bit-by-bit afterwards but it still auto-rejecting me hiding the name. Oh well - close enough! And now I can show my face in there again... 

Level 7

@Briggs

I'm now having the same issue with this place, which my husband and I go to fairly frequently (were just there on Saturday, as a matter of fact!): My Junk and (Some) Other Stuff. Been auto-rejected at least twice. This place, at least, is on Google Street View so I'm not sure what the problem is? Maybe it's because Terry has the name listed as "My Junk and Some Other Stuff" on his sign, but "My Junk and Other Stuff" on Facebook?

20180120_160454.jpg

Level 10

Hello @stamatia,

It's been two and a half months. Finally thought I should show my face back here after a bit of a hiatus and some personal rehabilitation. So this is going to be my first post since, first up on the notifications page to address!

From conjecture, it seems like the terms "My Junk and Some Other Stuff" might be some sort of placeholder for someone making a random listing. The system probably isn't going to accept or consider such a vague posting. Let me bookmark this and see what I could possibly come up with when I've got some time later on.

Otherwise, it might have to go through a Google My Business methodology. I don't know, we'll see.

Level 7

Thanks @Briggs - it's still there, I was just in yesterday. The owner, Terry, isn't very business savvy (or internet-savvy) so it doesn't shock me he picked such a silly name for his business. He's also not likely to be computer literate enough to go the Google Business route. Hopefully something can be done, this would help him get better known (it's not like he does any advertising)... 

Connect Moderator

@stamatia, as mentioned previously, if you cannot add it yourself then the owner should add it via Google My Business.  @Briggs cannot add these as he has no personal knowledge, adding them breaks the rules of what may be mapped and puts his account at risk.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages