WrackAce's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Editing roads

I have tried lots of time to edit road by sending feedback but it never accepted or become live. Is there any other way to edit existing road?

Kathmandu, Nepal
9 comments
Level 8

Re: Editing roads

Hi @WrackAce

If you want to report an error on the map, you need to send feedback directly on Google Maps. This goes both for wrong road names, for missing road names or for missing roads. Here's how you can do that on your computer:

1. On your computer, open Google Maps . Make sure you're signed in.
  2. In the top left, click Menu > Send feedback > Edit the map.
  3. Follow the instructions.
  4. Click Submit.

Notes:

• If you're using Maps in Lite mode, you can't report a problem.
  • Google will review your reports, and your changes sometimes take time to be updated on the map.

Cheers

Level 8

Thank you foe reply. In both my computer and cell phone, there is no "edit the map" option in send feedback. May be this feature is not available in my region. Can there be any other reason why "edit the map"  option doean't show up?

Level 8

Hi WrackAce,

I will advise that you should not give up on this pursuit of road editing. Something I can recommend is that you use google help desk, because I know that one of the instructions while signing up for Local Guide says that in case there are unique issues that have no answer within the community, kindly reach out to help desk.

Hope this helps.

Level 8

Thank you @AkinPen for your advise. I will surely try that.

Connect Moderator

Hello @WrackAce,

I'm afraid @Badruddeen's advice is for the UI Maps had last year. no one has "Edit the map" as an option.

Posting in the Help Desk is not necessary, such a post would just be moved to this sub-forum as "Mapping Your World" is the correct place to post mapping questions.

Please explain step by step what options you have been using to edit the road, including the GPS location of the road and he desired edit.  Please also post a screenshot of the confirmation email you received the first time you reported the issue.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 8

Thanks for the update @Flash 

Cheers.

Level 8

Hello! @Flash

This road isn't continues because it is separated by a building as you can see it in satellite map of this road. To edit this road, I used "Report a Problem" option in "send feedback" back in 22nd and 30th Jun 2017 AD. I got this reply from google:

Capture1.PNGCapture.PNG

Thank you for your co-operation.

Connect Moderator

Hello @WrackAce,

Thank you for the clear explanation of what you attempted.

You made your edits just as the new editing via Maps system was being set up to replace the editing via Map Maker system.  There were edits missed then that are no longer being missed.  Please attempt your edit again, using the option to highlight the incorrect road segments and explain the issue.

The queue for such edits is long, so please give it at least a couple of months.  If you don't see a change by then please circle back here and let me know, and I will then look at escalating the issue.  Right now, though, submitting a new edit is the best way to see this edit done in the shortest time frame.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 8

Hello @Flash

Thank you for the information. I have re-submitted the feedback highlighting the error. Here is the screenshot feedback.

1.PNG

I hope this edit takes place. See you after couple of months.

Best Regards,