Gillam_Local_Guyd's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Could someone help me to add this new place on the map? It kept getting rejected

Name: Gillam District Fire Warehouse

IMG_0762.JPGIMG_0763.JPGIMG_0764.JPG

3 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Could someone help me to add this new place on the map? It kept getting rejected

Hello @Gillam_Local_Guyd,

To add a place someone must have the actual personal knowledge of it, so we cannot add it for you.  What we can do is try and help you figure out why you are having issues.

Can you please provide the full details of what you've been adding, such as address, phone number, URL, hours of operation, category, etc.?

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 9

Re: Could someone help me to add this new place on the map? It kept getting rejected

You may have more luck submitting the information through a different interface. Consider adding the warehouse through Google My Business at http://www.google.com/business  You should use the exact street address for the warehouse, not the latitude and longitude. If you represent the municipality, you can also submit listing information through the Maps Base Content Partner program.
http://maps.google.com/help/maps/mapcontent/basemap/

Nigel Allen
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Connect Moderator

Hello @NigelA,

Google My Business if for the business owners only.  Please do send people over there who clearly state they own the business or officially represent the owners; but otherwise it is not something to advise.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages