Rameez's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Change the Location Name on Google map

Sir I am resident of this area "Sever Thendi Pora" from last 25 years. I want to open my Business in this location but the name of this location is wrongly updated on Google map its correct name is "DIVER LOLAB" Jammu and Kashmir 193223, India.  I also cannot Add a missing place on this location because it is not Geocode area in Google database system. When I add a missing place there is the Error "Enter the Valid Address" I Request you please Geocode this area and update it with correct location name. 

I always follow Rules and regulations of Google.  I also follow Terms & Conditions of Google

Sever Thendi Pora
62 comments
Level 5

I cannot Add a missing place on this location of Google maps

Sir I cannot Add a missing place on this location on Google map "Sever Thendi Pora" please update this location in your Data and Geocode this location in your System. I want to add my Businesses but there is error that is ENTER THE VALID ADDRESS. what is problem please help

Connect Moderator

Re: Change the Location Name on Google map

@Rameez, as stated previously, use the "Other Feedback" option in "Send Feedback" to inform Google of the need for this change.

If this is unclear, please explain where you are having issues.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 5

Sir on this location when I send a Feedback option to Fix the problem there is error which tells me "You can not edit the map in this area" due to non google Geocoded

Level 5

Hence cannot send feedback and also cannot Add a missing place what is the problem

Connect Moderator

You are getting that error when you choose "Add a missing place".

You need to instead choose "Other Feedback" and describe the issue there for Google to try to fix it.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Level 8

Hello,

@Rameez is right. The option to edit the map and/or send feedback is disabled in India.

The issue is well known and no work-around with permanent functionality has been found so far. 

Connect Moderator

The options are available, where they are not available the Send Feedback link does not exist at all and he would never have been able to get to a point where he gets a geocode error.

Level 8

@Flash wrote:

The options are available, where they are not available the Send Feedback link does not exist at all and he would never have been able to get to a point where he gets a geocode error.

This is contradictory to what LG from India report. The thing is that you can open the send feedback option on any part of the map and then select a piece  of land that is not geocoded. Then you experience the described behaviour.

Connect Moderator

I am not asking him to submit an edit on a non-geocoded place.  I am asking him to use Other Feedback to report that there is a geocoding error.