RudyD's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Big mistakes @Brusselbaan, Affligem

(in English) At the Brusselbaan in Affligem (Belgium) 10 addresses of businesses are completely wrong for several years and I can’t get Google convinced to correct them. If you believe Google Maps, there are a dozen shops in the forest of “domein Verbrugghen”. I reported these errors several times as a "local guide" and at the same time dragged the incorrect addresses to the right places (except “Dexia” that no longer exists and “Belgor” that has a double entry), but those suggestions/corrections just stay "on hold". I suspect the problem is in the numbers: Google Maps may think the house numbers at Brusselbaan are going upwards in the direction Aalst. But it’s the other way: the numbering starts from the border with Aalst and goes up to the border with Asse.

(in Dutch) Op de Brusselbaan in Affligem staan een 10-tal handelsadressen al enkele jaren compleet verkeerd. Als je Google Maps moet geloven bevinden er zich een tiental winkels in het bos van domein Verbrugghen. Ik heb via het 'local guide' programma al enkele keren die fouten gesignaleerd en tegelijk ook de foute adressen naar de juiste plaatsen gesleept (uitgezonderd Dexia dat niet meer bestaat en Belgor dat een dubbele vermelding heeft), maar die suggesties/correcties blijven gewoon "on hold" staan. Ik vermoed dat het probleem in de nummering ligt en Google Maps denkt dat de huisnummers oplopen richting Aalst. Het is omgekeerd: de nummering start vanaf de grens met Aalst en loopt op tot de grens met Asse.

brusselbaan.png

Brusselbaan, Affligem, België
4 comments
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Big mistakes @Brusselbaan, Affligem

@RudyD wrote:

I suspect the problem is in the numbers: Google Maps may think the house numbers at Brusselbaan are going upwards in the direction Aalst.  

Hi Rudy, I was going to suggest you try the edit in MapMaker, but sadly it's not enabled in Belgium. It is however possible to look at the location so I checked the address for one of the businesses in your screenshot, BNP Paribas.

They should be located at Brusselbaan 119, 1790 Hekelgem and I looked in MM to see where Google puts a marker for that address. This can be seen on the live map https://goo.gl/maps/mSLaZY5LovM2 so it seems Google has mapped that address correctly? I didn't check the rest of the street

I did notice the address on the bank listing https://goo.gl/maps/fD2qrEd7MWz  

"Brusselbaan 119 1790 Hekelgem, Belgium" is slightly different from the address listing

"Brusselbaan 119 1790 Affligem Belgium"

I'm unfamiliar with the way addressing works in Belgium, maybe this difference is causing conflict, in which case perhaps editing the bank's address details would help?

Level 3

Thank you Philip,

• The marker for BNP Paribas in MM is correct. It is there because I dragged it, just like I did with all these wrong markers. But all the (corrected) markers stay officially "on hold". I can't get them accepted.
  • "Affligem" and "Hekelgem" are the same. Affligem consists (since 1976) of Hekelgem, Essene and Teralfene, but the (old) names of the submunicipalities also still get used.
Level 9
Level 9

@RudyD wrote:
  • "Affligem" and "Hekelgem" are the same. Affligem consists (since 1976) of Hekelgem, Essene and Teralfene, but the (old) names of the submunicipalities also still get used.

OK, I understand they mean the same thing, but because they are literally different words, my guess is that Google gets confused by them. Either way I have now edited the address on the bank listing to match the address listing and that is now in review. When I matched the addresses the marker snapped to the correct location. My suggestion is, don't touch BNP for a few days and let's see what happens.

Level 9
Level 9

I repeated the address correction on the bakery listing and that seems to have gone through and moved the marker to the right place https://goo.gl/maps/XDc2QRWnfqL2

Screenshot 2017-01-03 at 13.51.01.png