AlexEvsyukov's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Big Mall maping challenge

You all probably do a great job, using Google maps for adding new places. But what I found, that big malls around is a great opportunity to grow your points for a newbies, but big challenge to map them right for advanced guides.

Malls maping challengeMalls maping challenge

As an example we have a big mall Mega in our area. It includes IKEA, OBI (Building supermarket), Auchan and hundreds of small stores and brand departments and coffee shops, restaurants of course. It is multilevel mall by the way. 

So from the very begging of my LG work I continuously try to get the job done. But during my maping and review work, I saw hundrets of non qualified reviews, wrong formats of places were added and terrible images uploaded. Anyways, what I realize, that I spend more time fixing someone's mistakes, than to add my own information.

I know that it has to be a solution for that. There helping videos and rules, how to make it right. But suddenly, I got understanding, that when I start my LG way, I did not really read or watch all of them. I just start trying. That brings me an idea, that there must be a minimum rules codex, which has to be read and maybe accept by newborn Local Guides, before they will start the real history making.

However, I feel great inspiration, to take a day and organize the Local Guides tour around the MEGA MALL to finish it, finally. All together.

Peace, and blessings to everyone. 

МЕГА Химки, Химки, Московская область, Россия