JanVanHaver's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Another change to duplicates?

I was just reporting a duplicate and got the new screen to indicate which other POI this was a duplicate of. OK, I'm already getting used to (and appreciating) those.

But then there was another screen asking if I was business owner, employee, customer, etc. That's something I have not seen before. Is this another novelty? Has anyone else seen this already?

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
15 comments
Level 8

Re: Another change to duplicates?

@JanVanHaver wrote:

I was just reporting a duplicate and got the new screen to indicate which other POI this was a duplicate of. OK, I'm already getting used to (and appreciating) those.

But then there was another screen asking if I was business owner, employee, customer, etc. That's something I have not seen before. Is this another novelty? Has anyone else seen this already?

Hi Jan

I reported a duplicate just now and I wasn't asked if I am the business owner, employee, customer, etc. instead I got 5 points. Probably this feature is getting rolled out slowly.

I tried on an iOS device. Did you tried on an android device?

Thanks for the update.

Cheers

Level 6

No, it's not new... I had this happen to me a long time ago... They're trying to assess if the person doing the edit is also the business owner... However, asking if you're an employee, customer, etc... that's new!... Mind you, Google wants to know everything about everyone! Google collaborates with the CIA, and other different governmental organizations that wants to know everything about everyone... And Google is just too keen to oblige them with the information we provide them!... 

Connect Moderator

Hello @Badruddeen, did you submit any change that might have triggered those 5 points? As to my knowledge reporting duplicates is not rewarded by points (and I will have to adapt my Best Practice post if that has changed).

I'm using an Android device.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 8

Hi @JanVanHaver

1 - So probably android has the feature you mentioned earlier.

2 - I did not do any edits. Simply selected a place which is a duplicate and reported and then 5 points were rewarded.

Cheers

Connect Moderator

Thank you @MylieB for adding your feedback. I fully understand why Google would ask this question: if you indicate to be in a relationship with the business, your edit would be approved by the algorithm quicker.

But what I got to see was a separate screen with a list of options (incl. 'none of the above)

Connect Moderator

Good to know @Badruddeen, thx for the feedback. I will try to find some more duplicates and then take a screenshot if I get the screen again.

BTW: as you received points for the duplicate, does it also shows up in the list of edits you made as approved or pending?

Level 8

@JanVanHaver wrote:

Good to know @Badruddeen, thx for the feedback. I will try to find some more duplicates and then take a screenshot if I get the screen again.

BTW: as you received points for the duplicate, does it also shows up in the list of edits you made as approved or pending?

No, Jan. It's not in my list of edits in approved or pending. 

Thanks.

Level 8

Hi @JanVanHaver

Update: I have received routine email which says 

Your edit is being reviewed. Thanks for sharing your knowledge of ....

Your edit
Place is a duplicate of another
Edited on Jun 10, 2018 · In review

Cheers

Connect Moderator

Then it looks like they are definitely rolling out something new!