JonasKL's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: ADDING A BLACK SPOT TO A ROAD

Thanks @Pea

I hope it will be good. But the ones we are marking as black spots have been identified by government authorities and marked as road danger area. Example is like the picture I am attaching here.

Black spot signBlack spot sign

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
Level 9
Level 9

@JonasK wrote:

Thanks @Pea

the ones we are marking

The way you say that (using the present continuous tense) makes it sound like you are already adding these to the map?

Level 9

Hi @Pea

Sorry about my english tense. I havent yet included it on maps. That is why I had to bring it to the forum to be discussed about.

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
Level 7

Hi

I think google should include this in maps, it is so helpful to driver

Level 4

Black Spots on google maps.

Hi everyone , my name is Aditya Kapur and I am new to local guide. Started it a few months ago and loving the fact that I am contributing to the enhancement of the most widely used maps in the world. Its going great so far , I have added photos, reviews , comments and answered questions. 

Now I wanted to go a little deeper with this. I wanted to know if we can mark/add certain spots on the map that are prone to accidents (i.e there have been very frequent accidents in that road/area in the past and continues ) . These can be called Black Spots. This can help the users to be cautious while driving or passing by that spot. 

These mars can be added by the locals living near by who know the place or users can post images( SAMPLE IMAGE ATTACHED )of the road showing boards or signs with accident prone written on it.

I think this can be a really good add on and an enhancement of the maps.

Thank You

Former Google Contributor

Re: Black Spots on google maps.

Hello @adityakapur,

I removed your photo from your post as it contained a word that may be considered offensive on the boards.  I'd also like to thank you for your suggestion and I have submitted that feedback to the appropriate team.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Connect Moderator

Hello,

I'm merging your thread with the already existing thread on this topic.  Please do use the search function to check the forums when you have a question or suggestion, you'll find that many issues have already been discussed.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 4

Hi @BruceDM

Thank you for submitting the feedback. I just saw the image I posted and want you to know that it was not intentional to put that image , I just didn't see that.

@BruceDM wrote:

Hello @adityakapur,

I removed your photo from your post as it contained a word that may be considered offensive on the boards.  I'd also like to thank you for your suggestion and I have submitted that feedback to the appropriate team.