Carl's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

People of Dubai!

City of Dubai!

For those that are aware, the local guide challenge has been set for 28th October 2016. It's time to show what we are made of 🙂

Our city has a huge room for improvement on Google maps as most of you are aware. The community don't actually realise how easy it is for anyone to contribute and the benefits they are able to get out of it (who doesn't love free online storage? 😉 ).

It would be great to see how many supporters we have on the blog and for those to help spread out the word.

Ideally, we won't be the top city to win the prize, but we can at least try our best to be in the top 5!

Show your support below and lets see how many is with me.

Yours truly,

Carl Hewlett

Dubai - United Arab Emirates
7 comments
Level 7

Re: People of Dubai!

Hey Carl! I read this just now, Jhoysi here. 🙂 I'm a part of a community of active Instagrammers in the UAE. I'm looking at inviting them over for a photo walk to showcase our city, would you like to collaborate? We just need to set a place and a date and that should gather people together. 

But of course we'd also like to briefly educate them on how to use Google Maps function on the navigation so we might need a moderator for this (I will try to ask one of my friends if he's ok to moderate). 

What do you think? 

I blog at www.thethrifttrip.com
Level 8

Hey,

Sounds great! I will come up with some proposed locations that we could mutually decide on. 

More than happy to help moderate or if your friend's up to it, feel free!

Ideally we should do it on the 28th October when the competition is set, we will have a quick session explaining to the users how local guides work then just a fun day of reviewing & photography.

Next thing you know it, Google will be inviting us on a night out 😉 (@GoogleModerators Right??)

Level 7

Yay, sounds amazing!

I will send you a private message for this. 🙂
Level 4

I have hundreds of back log photos of reviews I'll be posting this week so I'm sure it'll help hope to join the next meet up to see serious Local Guides.

Level 7

@lorenzoh we had an awesome time yesterday! about 70+ people came in, we initially started at 53. Huge thanks to @Carl he's very helpful on providing info with our participants. 🙂 try to search for #LocalGuidesDubai on all social networks, you'll find our works!

Level 8

Hey,

That is great to hear! Make sure to upload as many as you can before the deadline of the competition closes!

Thanks 🙂 

Level 8

#LocalGuidesDubai makes it to the national news! Big thanks to all the community supporters out there who helped make this happen! Especially @Jhoysi and Salman 😉😎

http://m.khaleejtimes.com/general/dubai/community-helps-develop-google-maps-in-dubai