Corrie's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Early Access: New feature for Level 4 Local Guides (Android only)

As you may have read in our blog post (or in your email) we are rolling out a new feature just for Local Guides Level 4 and above today.

With this new beta feature you will be able to create custom lists from your saved places, organizing them into useful itineraries and categories. We are working on even richer features around this so stay tuned for the full public launch later this year. 

Please make sure you have downloaded/updated to the latest version of Google Maps for your Android device. 

24 comments
Level 8

Re: Early Access: New feature for Level 4 Local Guides (Android only)

Screenshot_20160831-020428.png

What a colourful scheme.

It really open Maps to much more use cases.

Edit: to reduce size of screen shot.

Level 10

Thanks alot @Corrie for share really helpful step . previous i save my fev place in my maps not make it more easy

14139300_1432327683447719_437816351_o.png

Mahabub Hasan
Level 8

HI @Corrie,

Can you pin this topic to the top, so that we can reply with feedbacks / comments to the same thread easily?

Level 8

Two quick findings:

1.  New feature starts with version 9.36.0 of Android Maps

2.  For Maps versions not supporting this Save lists feature, they can only see the "Starred places" list

Don't worry, this new feature supports putting a Place into multiple lists.  

To make all your saved places accessible across Desktop Maps / iOS Maps and Android Maps, always put your Saved Places into the "Starred places" as well. 

Screenshot_20160831-101443.png

Level 8

螢幕快照 2016-08-31 13.24.36.png

HI @Corrie,

Regarding the new feature announcement email, when it is listed in inbox, there is grey text saying it is for Level 2 or above.

However, when that email is opened, the text regarding "Level 2" is not find, and reads correctly to my eye.

It is the same as in Web INBOX and GMAIL.

Level 9

@Corrie: Thanks for your sharing! It's cool and useful feature. So, it's time for me to move some of the upcoming places to visit in previous 'Saves' to 'Want to Go'.

Save Lists of PlacesSave Lists of Places

Level 7

Personally I think it's a very useful option and could be really popular when you roll out it to everyone. I had already places saved but was a little bit confusing to access to them and impossible to manage (Starred places). The other option was create maps with My Maps, but it's not easy with smartphone and normally it's only worth if you are in the computer.

Former Google Contributor

@YK1001 Thanks, I pinned the post, but the blog article has more information and comments enabled too. 

I'll let the team know about the email issue with Level 2. Only Level 4s and 5s were sent the email so it seems to be a copy error. 

Level 8

Thank you very much, @Corrie.

Personally, I expect comments to the Blog post will be more inclined to initial reactions to the announcement.

While here, the replies posts might be more towards usage details / procedures / trouble shootings, etc.

I noticed for the comments to a Blog post, to options earn Kudos and reply are not there.  It seems Comments are only "direct reply" to the Blog post itself.

ps.  Still not see the Pinned symbol for this topic in Level 4+.  Will check again later.