cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[Recap] WorldWide PhotoWalk Chandigarh

[Recap] WorldWide PhotoWalk Chandigarh

Namaste my dear LG friends.

Finally I had my first meet-up on 24th of Feb 2018, all thanks to @AlejandraMaria for creating this global event.

I reached at the Le Corbusier center at 1:45 pm, we had total of six interested attendees out of which one @AbhimanyuC came.

We waited for others to join us and made an announcement even on my Chandigarh meet-up.

Funny thing is I started asking every person, whoever was coming to this place, "are you a local guide".

Having no experience in hand I had no idea about how to move this event ahead.

After sometime we both decided to get in and get started.

Although I have been in this city for a while but I visited this place myself for the first time.

It looks a small single story building from outside. There is no visiting fee, we only entered our details in the visitor register.

This place used to be the workplace of Le Corbusier and his team, where the entire city was designed. And now it holds an important historic value.

We went to the various rooms which was filled with the drawings, pictures, documents and furniture related to the creation of this city.

To my surprise I learnt that this city used to inhabited by ancient Indian Civilization known as Indus Valley Civilization which dates back to around 2000 B.C.

And being separated by time I can say that there is one common similarity in both that is

Both of cities are well known for their impressive, organized and regular layout. 

P_20180224_152749_SRES.jpgP_20180224_152835_SRES.jpg

We saw the picture of Goddess Chandi on which the name of this city was kept.

Goddess ChandiGoddess Chandi

First open hand gesture which is now the symbol of this city.

P_20180224_151519_LL.jpgP_20180224_145307_SRES.jpg

He along with his team have built one of the best engineering marvel (picture of model above).

Like there is an open auditorium with no mikes/speakers and it is designed in such a way that

when a speaker speaks from the platform his voice is audible to every side till the person sitting on the last corner.

We shared some basics knowledge of google maps.

And after spending around three hours we concluded our meet-up.

It was a good experience to meet our fellow LG members in person.

Below are some more pictures of our meet-up, I hope you like them 🙂

P_20180224_141257.jpgP_20180224_143322_BF.jpgP_20180224_145226_SRES.jpgP_20180224_145352_SRES.jpgP_20180224_145811_SRES.jpgP_20180224_150103_SRES.jpgP_20180224_151059_LL.jpgP_20180224_151446_BF.jpgP_20180224_151557_LL.jpgP_20180224_152641_SRES.jpgP_20180224_153347_SRES.jpgP_20180224_153948_SRES.jpgP_20180224_154025_SRES.jpgP_20180224_155836.jpg

--

Regards 

Dheeraj

Old Architect Building, Madhya Marg, Sector 19B, Sector 19, Chandigarh, 160019, India
36 comments
Level 10

Re: WorldWide PhotoWalk Chandigarh

This is incredibly awesome @DhéèrajV. Thanks for joining in. All the best and success for your meetup  ahead. @AlejandraMaria  here is another fantastic meetup from India.

Level 9

Hello @DhéèrajV,

Congratulations for this  interesting meet-up.

We can see you really like  Chandigarh and through your photos we will see how good was planned :))

Just added to the list of the " World Wide Photo Walk Meet-Up, Showcase the Beauty of your City to the World"

Thank you very much for your participation.

Regards from the South of Spain.

Alejandra.

Level 10

@DhéèrajV best of luck 

Mahabub Hasan
Level 8

Thanks for the wishes @HelloSamsonR 

I am really excited for this meet up as it is my first. 

Level 8

So nice of you @AlejandraMaria

I will send you lovely pictures of Chandigarh and I will be looking forward for your guidence as this will be my first meet-up.

If there is anything you feel like sharing regarding this meet-up please let me know. 

Level 8

@MahabubMunna brother 

Thanks for the wishes. 

Level 9

Hi @DhéèrajV,

Well I've been in Chandigarh for a meet-up with @RohitSadana at Sukhna lake. I can not confirm but I'll try my best to join you guys. I'm tagging @Prdeep here. 

Thank you for this meet-up. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 8

Oh great

That's good to know @deepakjhic

I will be positively waiting for you since you have rich experience of your meet-up.

What say you @RohitSadana and 

@Pardeep1 

I will keep you updated on this. 

Connect Moderator

Many best wishes for your first Meetup dear @DhéèrajV 

All the best for great time and enjoy your day with fellow local guides.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.