StevenK's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

Thinking about hosting a Local Guides event in Scottsdale, Arizona to explore a local business.

I was thinking about organizing a Local Guides event at a travel agency called Sears Vacations in Scottsdale, Arizona. They had reached out to see if there was a way to organize some elite users on social media like the Google Local Guides to host a VIP Tour night where we could go explore their giant travel agency and customer service center, and learn more about how their travel program can be used to save money on vacations. There could be an opportunity for each of us to get a VIP type account to use for later travel, if we wanted.

One big thing I think would be helpful is that there are really not a lot of photos of this business on Google, despite being such a big location. We could do it sort of as a Photo Walk, or a hybrid event. This is located right across from the Scottsdale Quarter and the Kierland Commons....both places are prime with retail and restaurant opportunities for photos and reviews.

Is this even some kind of event that would be worth setting up? Have you guys successfully done any events like this?

Scottsdale, AZ, United States
5 comments
Level 3

Re: Thinking about hosting a Local Guides event in Scottsdale, Arizona to explore a local business.

Hi Steven K,

I'm just now becoming exposed to the Google Local Guides forum. I'd love to be a part of future endeavors when possible. Let's stay in contact. I'm also getting into photography and videography, so this is perfect timing for me! Happy Holidays to you and yours!

~Trudye

Level 2

Re: Thinking about hosting a Local Guides event in Scottsdale, Arizona to explore a local business.

When do you plan on taking this tour? I am interested in what you are planning.

Level 3

Hi Brandon,

I'm totally open to suggestions. We can find a centrally located new business to meet up, and explore the operation. Perhaps we can plan on meeting for about an hour around the first or second week of January. Our options will depend on the age group of our interested local guides. Suggestion: we can even host our first meet-up as a walking meeting.

~Tee

Level 3

Interested! I'm becoming more active on here. I've done some reviews and posted photos here and there but I am planning on updating some more in scottsdale, tempe, mesa, az.

Level 3

Hi JovannaF,

Sounds good to me. I've been busy but planning a meet-up and walking sounds cool. Let's make it happen. Do you have any place in particular in mind yet? 

~Trudye