MadanKPradhan's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

[Recap] Digitizing Your World - PUSET Meet Up

IMG_4794.JPG

Firstly thanks to every participants who showed up and special thanks to Sagar & Okil for Coordination from their side.

The Meet Up went pretty well and started off at 11:15 A.M. The participants where the students of PUSET college of different semesters.

The Meet Up started with the intro of the Local Guide Programs followed by the signup process. Most of the students signed up after the summary of the Local Guide Programs & the different Levels one can attend with the points system.

IMG_4817.JPG

After the initial introduction the participants were taught about the following things one can do in Google Maps as a Local Guide:

1. Addition of New Places
  2. Suggesting an Edit
  3. Adding Photos & Videos
  4. Rating & Posting Reviews
  5. Checking the Facts
  6. Answer Question after you check in

I also shared about some of the roles Local Guide can play in promoting the Local Tourism, Business as well as help in digitizing their places.

The Local Guide Forum was also introduced to the participants so that they can network with other Local Guides as well as know more about the program through the Forum.

The Meet up ended with the note of thanks to the participants and the college coordinators.

More Photos  

flagnepal acetreks.gif  - Nepal | YouTube
Biratnagar, Nepal
9 comments
Level 10

Re: [Recap] Digitizing Your World - PUSET Meet Up

@MadanKPradhan Great . really man you doing something  special . keep it up 

Mahabub Hasan
Level 9

Thanks for your kind word @MahabubMunna

Connect Moderator

Wow it's great meetup bro @MadanKPradhan congratulations for your successful Meetup. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 9

Thanks @NareshDarji

Former Google Contributor

Hi @MadanKPradhan,

It looks like you've had very helpful and educational meet-up about Local Guides.

As all of the participants are already signed up to be Local Guides, why don't you tag them in this thread? So that they can share their experience from the gathering, what was mostly helpful for them, what excites them to be Local Guides, what is their favorite feature, and whatever they would like to share to the community.

Cheers, 

Marin

Level 9

Thanks @MarinSt for the suggestion. 

Level 9

Level 9

@AnnantaDas

Level 5

It was a great experience yesterday. I got to learn about the local guides community which I wasn't aware of. Madan sir also helped me understand the brighter prospects of google maps and the local guide community.