BrittanyC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

North Carolina Local Guides

I am locate din Hickory, NC and I'm looking for fellow local guides to explore this thing more with. Anyone near CHarlotte, GBO, etc?

Thanks!

Hickory, NC, United States
33 comments
Level 1

Re: North Carolina Local Guides

I am in Greensboro and I just got started. Looking to connect with other local guides to see how this works.

Level 2

From the Winston Salem area. If you're ever in the area let me know. Trying to figure this thing out as well

Level 3

I'm in the Raleigh/Durham area and I've been doing the Local Guide thing for almost 2 months now. I'm enjoying helping make Maps a better tool for everyone and I'm looking forward to meeting more NC guides.

Michael

Level 2

Hi,

I live in the Cornelius/Mooresville area. I am new to this thing and still trying to figure out what all is out there and can be done with this thing.

Level 3

Garner NC here. I've been a Local Guide for a while now and I'm looking for ways to make my content better. It gets confusing with so many ways to contribute.

Level 2

Also located in the Triangle! 

Level 7

I am in Brunswick County, down east between Wilmington and Myrtle Beach.  

Southport, Leland, Shallotte, Oak Island, Holden Beach, Ocean Isle Beach and Sunset Beach are all growing rather fast.

I do hope there are some Local Guides lurking out the who will help keep the map up-to-date.

Level 7

I am in Oxford. I am one of the State Manager's for Google's Better GPS Application, Waze, (wink wink) so I am all over the map editing. Would anyone be willing to join a chat group for easy accessibility to communicate?

Level 7

Hi...me again...

I found this MyMap that's maintained by the fine folks at Google.  It shows where all the recognized Local Guide Communities are in the world.  There are now three in NC:

Charlotte
Triangle
New Bern

New Bern!?  Well, they did the legwork to get their community set up, so there it is.  Maybe the individuals have an easier time with meet-ups as their area is pretty small.

Maybe this will help anyone in the Charlotte or Triangle areas connect and maybe those in areas that have no community can learn from these other groups how to create a new one.

Google Local Guides: Supported Communities Map (zoomed in to Southeastern USA)