Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

New York City Food Crawl in Manhattan

Participants

@MiaMaria  @RomeNYC  @VBenedict

Korean WayIt is also called Korean TownIt is also called Korean Town

I arrived 10:45I arrived 10:45RomeO and MiaMaria arrived shortly after.

The staff was welcoming and friendly.Dumplings is their specialtyDumplings is their specialty

PSX_20171216_181633.jpg

We sat in the back...

The conversation was fun. We compared Local Guides notes, our other lives, devices... then the food began to arrive

RomeO and MiaMariaRomeO and MiaMaria

We only ordered small dishes of dumplings.

Three varieties of dumplings...Three varieties of dumplings...I thought we where going to go to try another restaurant and continue our meal...Prep & Cook...Prep & Cook...

but we just walked around and ended up...

Guess Where!!?

PSX_20171216_200228.jpg

I had a very nice time...

~ Virginia Benedict 🕊

Cc: @LuisRG @LawrenceNYC @BruceDM

@TraciC

Made the best of my Learning Curve 🦄

Got some experience as a Meet-up group member.

Korea Town, New York, NY, United States
10 comments
Level 8

Re: New York City Food Crawl in Manhattan

📣 I want to take a moment and express my very special thanks and appreciation to @Osaka78forTRUMP and  @BudionoS for all their tireless support and encouragement.  

Without Osaka78, BudionoS, 

@PaulPavlinovich  @TraciC and @BruceDM I do not think I would have made as far as I did. 

I have at least a couple of more tries before I can claim to have had total success in Organizing, coordinating, and managing Meet-ups.

All and all at the end of the day it was a successful day for me and I hope the same for @RomeNYC and @MiaMaria 

Thank you RomeO for your beautiful Thank You note ✉ It was very nice meeting you as well.

🥁Happy Holidays to one and all 🎄🎊🕎🕉

May all your wishes come through 😄and your productive work pay off 🐘🐞

~ Virginia Benedict 🕊

Level 10

You're the very best, @VBenedict. You hosted perfect, truth is, challenge makes a better story. You rise above as you go through. NYC Local Guides are outstanding contributors, fantastic story tellers and amazing team members. @MiaMaria @RomeNYC and you, VBenedict make three shining stars beaming light to us all around the world. Merry Christmas NYC Local Guides. Kindest regards from Osaka78

Level 8

It is your reflection shining upon us dear @Osaka78forTRUMP 

Level 10

Reflection of a Reflection. Seeing all the happy Local Guides and hearing the stories is the best. After all, it really amazes us how easy, fun and simple it is to team up and collaborate like this at the speed of light. Thanks Google. Thanks Local Guides team. Thanks Local Guides. Kind regards from Osaka78

@VBenedict wrote:

It is your reflection shining upon us dear @Osaka78forTRUMP 

Former Google Contributor

Hi @VBenedict - Glad to see it went well!  I am very familiar with that area you visited. Dumplings and Pizza make strange bedfellows haha. Thanks for sharing your pictures!

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 8

Greetings @BruceDM  thank you. Yes I very much would have liked to try a couple more restaurants... but it was bitterly cold out.

I believe we all had a lovely time.

BTW 🤔 I like the new format of questions about a place. Especially all of the optional answers presented. Great!

There are however a couple of ambiguous ones such as "does this place have seasonal decorations?"  Are you asking if they SELL seasonal decorations? Or are you asking if the place is seasonally decorated?

e.g., a restaurant could be seasonally decorated but would not normally have (sell) seasonal decorations. 

By the same token, a store like Macy's for example is seasonally decorated throughout the year and sells seasonal decorations.  

Do you see the ambiguity here?  The team needs to check for ambiguity.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @VBenedict - Thanks for the feedback on the Q&A.  Regarding the question about seasonal decorations,  I would have interpreted it as if the place is decorated seasonally as opposed to selling decorations but I understand your concern.  The team that puts these questions together certainly works hard to not keep things open to interpretation and of course, if you do find anything that is a bit confusing, please feel free to select the option for not being sure instead 🙂

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 10

Hai @VBenedict thank you so much for participating to Word Wide Food Crawl Meet-up 2017. You hosted an awesome meet-up with fellow Local Guides in New York City. Fun conversation, good food and restaurant staff welcoming warmly, make this meet-up perfect.

I hope we can make it again in 2018 with the same theme: World Wide Food Crawl Meet-up 2018.

Again, thank you so much

Best regards

Budiono

Level 8