Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Nepalese Election 2074(BS)

Nepalese Election 2074(BS)

Chandranigahapur

Chandranigahapur, Chandrapur, Nepal

December 07, 2017 @ 11:00 (+0545)

Our country Nepal is conducting the parliament and provincial elections for the first time after the promulgation of new constitution. The second phase of elections is due for December 7 in the remaining 45 districts ,which is being conducted in the Tarai districts including the Capital Kathmandu. The country’s southern Tarai where we live is the best gearing for elections .Candidates can be seen visiting door-to-door canvassing for the votes. Party’s banners, flags and advertisements can be seen in every nook and corners of the Tarai. Political parties are organizing election rallies and corner assemblies across the Tarai region. With the election date less than a week away, Madhes is decked up as if it getting ready for some sort of festival. Within this election we have decided to organize a meet-up on the day of election in 7th December 2017.I hope, we will able take photos of the voters, Candidates, security forces, Volunteers, Observers and reporters within the spot of election. It will be a new experiment and a better chance for us to show our local guides worldwide about Nepalese election.

RSVP here

bhupal shrestha
11 comments
Level 5

Re: Nepalese Election 2074(BS)

Best work for better  time.

I am also going to participate in this occasion.

Level 2

Its a really hard time for us to join the meet-up.

Any how we have to manage for this meet-up.

That's why me nad my friend going to gear up

Level 5

I am feeling it will be a bit difficult to have meet up this occasion but I would like to join. 

Level 10

Hello @Raisol Welcome to our new meet-up, hoping to a very good time for us.
bhupal shrestha
Level 10

This is one of election booth here in Chandranigahpur.

111111.jpg

bhupal shrestha
Level 10

This is one of election booth here in Chandranigahpur.

111111.jpg

bhupal shrestha
Level 10

Hello @sskhadka

Welcome to our meet-up

bhupal shrestha
Level 10

Hello @mahatphani

Welcome to our meet-up, but don't forget to bring your ID card.   

bhupal shrestha
Level 10

Re: Nepalese Election 2074(BS) all about today's Election

All about today's Election

The Election Commission Nepal (ECN) is conducting second phase elections to parliament and the provincial assemblies Today.  

With this, the country will have elected people's representatives for all levels and many expect this will make for greater political stability in coming days. The first phase parliamentary election  has already conducted local polls in 32 districts and today  is conducting second phase polls in the remaining 45 districts. 

Terming the ongoing parliamentary and provincial assembly elections a landmark in the implementation of the constitution, the election body has urged voters to exercise their democratic right. After completing  Today's historic elections, there will be a 275-member parliament at the center and provincial assemblies in all seven provinces which will have a total of 550 members. Polling for 37 members of parliament and 74 members of provincial assemblies was already conducted on November 26. 

Heads and members of the 753 local units were elected earlier in the year.  Elected representatives of all levels of government  will exercise their executive and judicial powers and collect their own revenue to expedite development activities. 

Today's elections will elect 128 member of parliament and 256 members of the provincial assemblies. Apart from these directly elected people's representatives, 110 members of parliament and 220 members of the provincial assemblies will be elected under the Proportional Representation category. 

Altogether 1,663 candidates are contesting for parliament and 2,819 candidates for the provincial assemblies under  the First-Past-The-Post system. Likewise, 5,848 contenders are in the fray for 110 seats in parliament and 220 seats in provincial assemblies under the PR category. More than 12.2 million voters can exercise the ballot in the second phase. 

People will vote at 15,344 polling locations in the  45 districts. Voting is between 7 am and  5 pm. 

Other than security personnel, more than 155,000 poll officials have been deputed for managing the elections. 

bhupal shrestha