cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NYC Subway Maps Editing Meetup Update

Hi @TraciC

I just RSVP'd to The Great Saunter, since we spoke about this during the Subway meetup.  Ill get Josh and few others to come.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ivan If you push that out far enough, Ill take a plane ride out there to help and have a good time.  Then afterwards, we retire to a great London waterhole to compare notes, etc.  Like late June?

Level 9
Level 9

@DallasP wrote:

The first part of the mission was to add all subway entrances

Were you able to add any, let us know how that's going? Looks like a grand (central) day out!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pea It is a process. We are all pushing for a rail category and it wont be added overnight.

Level 9
Level 9

Thanks Dallas, that's an interesting development, when say we are pushing, who do you mean and what will the rail category enable us to do? Great pics by the way

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LenaWu

The first week in May was a suggestion but it's your idea and you will be the organizer but we will fully support you in making it happen. Let us know.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pea

I speak of NYC local guides who attended the Meetup. One person suggesting a Rail category won't effect change but a group with similar photos and requests will. MTA, CSX, NJ TRANSIT and SEPTA will never update this themselves. The GPS info that they all use was given to them by Google and the mobile applications were created by developers for little to no money in a contest that they all ran. The transit operators are not the maintainers of this. LocalGuides will be.

Level 8

Hi @Anonymous,

Thank you very much for the  great Meet-up recap.

In Taipei, we have a critical underground working zone, which all the entrances and directions between them really need updated.

I hope Google can create a category for "Entrance and Exit for Mass Transport", so that LGs can help even when the Google Transit Partners are sleeping.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @YK1001

I think a rail category with stations, stops, entrances, exits should be sub categories

Level 8

Hi @Anonymous,

It will be best if Google can open the full categories for LGs to update.

With Transit Partner program in place, I will say it is very difficult, so I "just" ask for the Entrance & Exit.