AugustineC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

My First Local Guides post

Malad Steak & Burger Trail Redux : Battling heavy rush hour train crowds and Malad traffic[]. Thanks to Google Maps which advised we'd reach much faster walking than taking a rick...and the traffic was that bad) we reached Hungry Duck which is bang opposite Malad Church with Mirandesque wall decorations. The owner Lawrence is quite affable and took our order for the Goan Pork Sausage and the Duck Meat Burger, which took some time coming. So instead of the Burger we got Choriz in a bowl along with Garlic Bread , an odd combo. The Choriz ticked all the right boxes in terms of its aroma and coloring but the Meat was a bit tough. The Duck Meat Burger was quite good, also the accompanying fries.

Then we trooped off to Stacks & Racks , a long walk of 2.0 km. We asked Gavin for the best two dishes and he promptly recommended us the Australian Sirloin and the Brazilian Tenderloin. While we waited for the steaks to be cooked, we were served some awesome Nachos with brilliant cheese. I can't sing enough praises of the Australian Sirloin, it was hands down one of the best Steak I have had in India. It had a smooth texture and a wonderful Meat flavour. And even the Brazilian Tenderloin was brilliant and which on any other day would have easily been the hero of the marathon. We finished off with a very rich and decadent Philly Cheese Cake and a promise to visit when the new menu kicks in.

Pics here: https://www.facebook.com/Goshtbusters/posts/722454407939623

Malad West, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India