DanielDoherty's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

London Halloween Meet Up in Putney 28/10/17

Hello London Local Guides (& any other guides willing to travel to Putney),

I'm still enjoying the memories of #LGsummit17 and would love to meet some more Local Guides on my home turf, so would any of you like to come to a Halloween event on Saturday 28th October that I am organising for the Putney Social Group (that I run, to help people make friends locally where I live)? It's a very unusual venue… Literally underneath Putney Bridge and behind a very historic Church (Oliver Cromwell over threw the Monarchy there!), just Google "Putney Debates".

Wondering would any Local Guides like to come along, maybe meet for a tea/coffee before at 6.30pm and have a tour of the Church? There will be a couple of us from #LGsummit there and plenty of friendly people too.

St Marys Church by Putney Bridge, the scene of the "Putney Debates"St Marys Church by Putney Bridge, the scene of the "Putney Debates"

Then maybe stick around for a Halloween party afterwards?

Full Details...

You are cordially invited to a very special Halloween Social, on Saturday the 28th October 2017 in an unusual location. Fancy dress is encouraged but not compulsory.

You can literally dance under Putney Bridge...You can literally dance under Putney Bridge...

Join PutneyDan and the other Putney Social Group members looking to make friends (in between screams of fear) at this very unusual venue… a secret tunnel under Putney Bridge with resident d.j.’s in attendance. Enjoy a private party on the lawn behind this historic church with a stunning view overlooking the thames.

Church by nigh.jpg

My aim is for people to make friends and have a fun night. We really hope you can attend as we have some surprises planned for you! This is one of those scary parties your parents warned you about…

The view from the grass behind the churchThe view from the grass behind the church

A small things, but toilets have been arranged and stewards hired to help clear up at the end, but all help accepted!

Dancing is encouraged, talking is obligatoryDancing is encouraged, talking is obligatory

Cheers,

@DanielDoherty
Learn what makes me tick and why I love local www.Bit.ly/PutneyDan
Saint Mary's Church, Putney Bridge Approach, London, United Kingdom
1 comment
Level 8

Re: London Halloween Meet Up in Putney 28/10/17

P.s. here is a video of last years event https://www.facebook.com/happinessevangelist/videos/10157618736155150/

Cheers,

@DanielDoherty
Learn what makes me tick and why I love local www.Bit.ly/PutneyDan