SashaunaP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Local guides in Jamaica

There are quite a number of us (local guides) in Jamaica.

Level 7

That's true. We all need to agree on a time and a place what's most suitable for everyone. Am also happy that there are more people contributing to the cause now. We have so many unexplored places here.

Level 6

That's true. The thing is also I just upload photos for fun, I'm not 100% on how to use this program. I'd also like to submit an entry for the Connect meet but......

Level 6

I will do some research to find out how to create a meet up event here and how you upload photos for that event and just your profile. It will be called LocalGuidesMeetup-KingstonJA Pt1. I am setting a tentative date for May 6th. Meeting spot to be determined based where people wanna explore. Is this ok? First time doing this too lol

Level 6

Let's see what will happen. 

Level 6

How's the research so far?

Level 7

Good day to all my fellow Jamaican guides. I just started in January and already reached level 7. Apart from adding several businesses, I also add ATM's and correct a lot of errors. We need to arrange a connect meet, but I would recommend June when summer is closer and there is more time. Also, Kingston isn't Jamaica so meet ups in places like Linstead, Eight Rivers Plaza in Ocho Rios and mobay after the SOE is over. Still, adding ATM's, medical facilties, stationery stores and other pertinent places that people use daily in their lives is something I would love to see each person do to make Jamaica not only more connected but visible. I have added tons of first photos to well established places, so should you.

Level 8

Yes there are!

Level 6

Finally! The responses are coming in.... Ocho Rios would be a great place to do this and then map towards portland side, in my opinion.

Level 7

I added one business recently in Ocho Rios you know. Also, please local guides, when uploading photos, be sure of where you are uploading to. The reason why is because a local guide had uploaded supermarket pictures to a pharmacy. These things happen at times, but just check after to ensure you uploaded them to the correct location. Please add every small detail guys from Plaza locations to ATM's as those are places people need to know about. Also, can someone who is in the Liguanea area soon verify my addition of Pizza Hut Liguanea by Northside Drive? It's been so long and it should be visible now for all those pizza lovers.