Gregho007's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Local Guides Connect 2018

Hi, my name is Gregorio and I'm from Mexico. This is my first time because the last year I din't have the level required. Now I'm a happy 5 level Local Guide and I'm very exited to be able to participate. I started wrinting reviews about the places that I visited like a way to encourage tourism is my zone. Normally people have a bad idea about Mexico, based in information that see in the media but Local Guides have a real opinion about the places and the things that we visit or do, that is more important than media point of view. And like this there are other similar cases from different places and countrys.

Also is a way to help other people to discover interesting places and things, and live the city as if they were local residents. It's very satisfactory when you see that your reviews, scores and photos are helping other people and having a real impact.

¡Welcome to my life and I hope to see you in San Francisco!

Zapotlán el Grande, Jalisco, México
2 comments
Level 4

Re: Local Guides Connect 2018

Hi. Thanks for your story. Really interesting. I’m John from London. Maybe not a place with a bad reputation (depending on whom you ask) but it seems we’re both local guides for similar reasons; to help other people find the real hidden gems in any part of the world. In fact, when I go on holiday I rely heavily on Google reviews to pick restaurants, bars and other places. It seems to serve me very well at least. With a lot of smaller establishments each individual review could be the difference between being noticed and not, so our reviews are really important and I like being a part of that. Hopefully I’ll see you in SF. 

Level 5

Re: Local Guides Connect 2018

John this is an interesting analysis, we both think similar. The most of the time are hidden the better things and places inside the cities, Local Guides achieve to make visible and closer to people those treasures. I hope to be able to keep helping other people and learning from others. See u in SF 😉