MarianoJulian's post
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Level 6

Hong Kong Suggestions

Hey there! I'm going to be in Hong Kong from 2 to 5 of May. Any recommendations or people to meet up and discover cool places together? 😊

Hong Kong
19 comments
Level 7

Re: Hong Kong Suggestions

I'd like to know as well! I will be there at the end of May. So, if you discover some great things, please share!!

Connect Moderator

@YK1001 @Shirley @JulianaKWK might be able to give you some ideas and suggestions πŸ™‚

Personally I like to wander around Mong Kok area. The street food is solid. I'd just go walk around and see if anything look delicious, then stop, eat, and continue walking. Then repeat πŸ™‚

Level 8

Thank you very much, @iyudhi!

Hi @MarianoJulian,

So you will arrive tomorrow!  

Is this the first time you visit HK? 

For first time visitors, going to The Peak is a must.  We have good weather this week, and the sky is clear.  Hopefully, you can have a great view. 

Afterwards, I will recommend to take the Double Decker Bus Route #15 going down hill to Central.  Visitors usually will be amazed by how a massive double decker bus can travel so fast.

Then you can take the Star Ferry, going from Central to Tsim Sha Tsui.  Lower deck is more open, so that you can smell our Victoria Haboour.  Upper Deck has Air conditioning.

www.starferry.com.hkwww.starferry.com.hk

Near TST ferry pier, there are huge shopping malls connected together, collectly called Harbour City.  At the end of the Ocean Terminal, there is an outdoor observation deck.

https://goo.gl/maps/1bh8ZwsumTt

I am tagging @TonyChu so that he can give us more ideas.

Level 10

@MarianoJulian@RyRo you gotta tell us your travel style before I can provide you better suggestions, guess you will not satisfying with some general answers say The Peak, right?

Level 8

Hi @RyRo,

Please let us know if you prefer to see the urban side of HK, or the Hill Side, Sea Side, etc.

Level 8

Hi @MarianoJulian,

When is your flight on 5th of May?  Do we have enough time to having DimSum together?  Will you be around HK Island (Central?) or Kowloon?

I am also tagging @AliC to see if we can meet together.

Level 7

Hi @YK1001 & @Brett! Thanks for the reply! My personal travel style is anything unusual and off the beaten path. I like weird, creepy, hidden parts of cities. Food that is unusual and maybe a little scary. But I do love all good food. I also love to travel in luxury, so I'm staying at a swank hotel. But I really want some quirky activities and unusual finds. 

Level 8

@Brett wrote:

@MarianoJulian@RyRo you gotta tell us your travel style before I can provide you better suggestions, guess you will not satisfying with some general answers say The Peak, right?

Hi @Brett,

I will try better!  

Level 8

Hi @RyRo,

http://www.gohiking.hk/hike.jsp?route=tltw&page=1

I wish Google Translate is good enough for that above site.  Please let me know if you need explanations.

There is a hill side restaurant in the Tai Mo Shan at about 300 meters.  They have their old farm to growth vegetable.  If we are lucky, we can order that.

After hiking for a while, we will reach Yuen Yuen Institute, which is a famous Taoism Temple and Institute in HK.