MegS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Google-Hosted Meet-Up: Mississippi National River & Recreation Area

Hello! For those of you who may not already know me, I'm Meg, a Local Guides community manager based in New York.

IMG_5493.jpg

I'll be hosting the meet-up at the Mississippi National River & Recreation Area on Wednesday, August 24. I'm starting this thread so those who are attending (and received a confirmation email) can connect with one another in advance of the meet-up.

800px-Cedar_Avenue_Bridge_Minneapolis

I look forward to meeting you!

Mississippi National River and Recreation Area, Saint Paul, MN, United States
9 comments
Level 1

Re: Google-Hosted Meet-Up: Mississippi National River & Recreation Area

I'm looking forward to it! My kids did music classes at MacPhail, which is nearby, so I have explored the trail system but not the lock & dam. Audrey, 8, and Henry, 5, will be joining me for a little local education.

Level 3

I'm very excited and looking forward to this great event. I love biking on the trails along the Mississippi but never had the opportunity to tour this place. Special thanks to Meg for hosting. See you guys on Wednesday.

Level 5

Can't wait to meet everyone. I'm newer to the Twin Cities area so excited for this tour

Level 2

So I'm reading two emails, one directs me to the Lock and Dam across from St Anthony Main, the other is saying the park in St Paul. Which is correct? 

@MegS wrote:

Hello! For those of you who may not already know me, I'm Meg, a Local Guides community manager based in New York.

IMG_5493.jpg

I'll be hosting the meet-up at the Mississippi National River & Recreation Area on Wednesday, August 24. I'm starting this thread so those who are attending (and received a confirmation email) can connect with one another in advance of the meet-up.

800px-Cedar_Avenue_Bridge_Minneapolis

I look forward to meeting you!

@GlenA The lock and dam is in the Mississippi National River & Recreation Area and is part of a larger national park that spans miles. We didn't give the meet-up location (or time) on this thread (same goes for all other Google-hosted meet-ups) because we share that information only with attendees who received a confirmation email.

Both emails have the same information — please meet us at the location specified (and linked) in the original email. If you need further assistance, please reply to that email; I'll be happy to share more details there.

Thanks.

Level 4

See you all soon! 🙂

Level 4

Great event!  If anyone wants to share a copy of the group photo we did at the end, please let me know!  I didn't get my phone into the set of them that were used... 🙂  Did you all end up going for some food/drink after?  Hope you enjoyed!

Seth

Thank you to everyone who joined! What history — who knew Minneapolis and St. Paul had something of a sibling rivalry?  😉

I've added my photos to an album — feel free to add yours too.

IMG_1689.JPG

Thanks again for a terrific time!

Level 8

Hello

@MegS

I went to Mississipi river on 2015.
It was a beautifull experience .
One of my dream was know Mississippi river.
Greetings from Panama

Valentina Caldito, Local Guide-Panamá,LG SUMMIT Attende
li-image id="128352i6806EC310B635E24" width="26" height="19" alt="panama-flag-clipart-6.jpg" align="left" resized="true" size="small" sourcetype="new">