ValeedM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Connect for Local Guides Contest

I would love to connect with other local guides in Bahrain and inspire each other to write reviews and contribute during the October challenge month! Who would be interested? lets make Local Guide Bahrain famous ! 

Manama, Capital Governorate, Bahrain
5 comments
Level 2

Re: Connect for Local Guides Contest

I want to participate in the local guides review competition, i have registered for it but when i try to review a place it show me "no new place to review right now". I have visited many places like Aga khan palace, phoenix mall, Amanora town city etc. but none of them is visible in my location history. I want to write review of them but i can only do so by searching for that place on google maps and then writing the review, don't know if my review will be considered for the competition or not. I want to ask, do my contribution will be considered if i write a review by searching for a place or the place should be visible in my location history before i post a review?

Level 7

Hi Paramjeet, 

Welcome to the Local Guides community. I have read your concern and I believe there is nothing to worry , you may review any place even if it doesn't show up in your location history. Though Its always good to have the place added to your location history, so you can track back.

To have location history make sure that your smartphone has GPS always on so any photo you click gets the GPS coordinates saved on it and added to your location history, always check and update google maps app , if you have an android phone there are additional options like you can add a photo , while adding a new place if it doesn't exist on the map , some beta features are available only in android versions like you can add missing information for a place with the "Uncover missing info" feature. 

Good Luck and all the best for the October Contest !! 

regards

Valeed Mulla

Level 2

Thanks a lot Valeed for your kind reply, really appreciated. It cleared my doubt. 

Level 7

Hi Pramajeet, 

I am glad that it helped, kindly click on the accept this solution button , so others can also benefit from it. 

@ParamjeetS wrote:

Thanks a lot Valeed for your kind reply, really appreciated. It cleared my doubt. 

have a nice day! 

regards

Valeed 

Level 6

Good Sound! 🙂