SP31's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Changing Date of Meet-Up?

Hi all. Does anyone know if it is possible to edit/change the date of a meet-up currently hosted on the meet-up site? I am hosting an event and due to unforeseen circumstances need to change the date to the following weekend. Any tips?

@HelloJess | @TraciC

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Changing Date of Meet-Up?

Hey @SP31 - There isn't a way to change the date. I would suggest canceling the meet-up and submitting a new one. When you cancel, you'll be asked to explain why, so you can say that you're moving the date and that attendees should look out for a new meet-up posted soon. The other option would be to leave your meet-up as is and share an update on your meet-up's Connect post. That said, your attendees will receive an automated reminder email three days before the meet-up, so I think there'd be quite a bit of confusion if you go down that route.

Hope that helps! We're working to make improvements to the site based on everyone's feedback, so keep an eye out 🙂

View solution in original post

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hey @SP31 - There isn't a way to change the date. I would suggest canceling the meet-up and submitting a new one. When you cancel, you'll be asked to explain why, so you can say that you're moving the date and that attendees should look out for a new meet-up posted soon. The other option would be to leave your meet-up as is and share an update on your meet-up's Connect post. That said, your attendees will receive an automated reminder email three days before the meet-up, so I think there'd be quite a bit of confusion if you go down that route.

Hope that helps! We're working to make improvements to the site based on everyone's feedback, so keep an eye out 🙂

Level 10

@SP31 Yes you cant, just go to the meetup event you created, you would see something like cancel event, try changing it from there or create another event and cancel the later

Level 10

@SP31 I think @HelloJess has answered your questions, i would be moving 2feet away 😄

Connect Moderator

Thanks, @HelloJess! Will cancel and resubmit! And thanks @HelloSamsonR hahah, I appreciate your help as well, brother!

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall