nkwetche's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Café rencontre des LG Douala - MeetUp Report

Hello Dears Local Guides,

Last Saturday, 16th June 2018, I organized my first meetup in Douala at Café Porte Jaune. 3 people gathered (me included).

My first intention while organizing this meetup, was to bring together people around a table to talk about Local Guides program, share our experience as Local Guides, revive existing Douala Local Guides Community, encourage people to join it and contribute efficiently to Google Maps.

Here below was the agenda of meetup:

• Welcome and Set-up
  • Self Presentation
  • Local Guides Experiences Sharing.
  • Little Walking Tour in Douala City
  • Closing 

tmp.jpg

• Welcome and Set-up

On my way to the destination, Douala was rainy and I was afraid that we wont be able to host our meetup. Lucky enough, the rain stop on my arrival at Café Porte Jaune. Then I took place start waiting for participant. The first participant arrived was Tosan (Lagos Local guides).  The second participant arrived was Serieminou

• Self presentation

While expecting the other participant arrival, we started our self presentation. From this quick presentation of each other, we notice that, we were two Local Guides from Douala Cameroon and one Local guide from Lagos visiting Douala for professional purpose.

From the left to the right: @Tosan LG from Lagos, @Serieminou LG from Douala and @nkwetche LG from DoualaFrom the left to the right: @Tosan LG from Lagos, @Serieminou LG from Douala and @nkwetche LG from Douala

• Local Guides Experiences Sharing.

Our discussion regarding experience sharing were focused on following points:

1. How I became Local guides
  2. Why should I contribute to Google maps
  3. Places creation and modification on Google maps
  4. Picture for Google street view
  5. Picture privacy content and the importance of avoiding people faces when taking or choosing picture to share on Google maps

•  Little Walking Tour in Douala City

In order to apply some of our experiences shared during previous talks, we decided to perform a little pedestrian tour.

Our tour trajetOur tour trajet

• Meet-up closing

For our meet-up closing after the walking tour, we when to an ice-cream shop

NiceCream DoualaNiceCream Douala

I would like to thank everyone that took part to this meetup. It was such a great experience and for sure, I'm wiling to reorganized or participated to an other when ever it would be possible or necessary.

Thank also to @Tamba, @Youmbi and @FlavienK. They express their interest but unfortunately, they could not attempt.

Best regard,

Nkwetche

Nkwetche from #Douala #LetsGuide #Wakawaka #Cameroun
https://www.instagram.com/nkwetche/?hl=fr
Douala, Cameroun
1 comment
Level 2

Re: Café rencontre des LG Douala - MeetUp Report

Dommage je ne l'apprend que maintenant j'aurais adorer Y prendre part. 

Rdv pour le prochain meetup alors.