JCVela's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Being a local guide in 3 languages, 3 countries

Hello,

My name is Juan. I am a Mexican living in Buenos Aires, Argentina. My wife is Brazilian and my daughter is Argentinian. We are about to move to Brazil, to a little city near the capital. I started participating in Local Guides just because I could do it, you know? If you are already taking pictures of your meals, and signing in an app your location and sharing it with friends, it really is not hard to share it to the world.

I have a problem when choosing the language to write reviews. Should I write in the local language? Should I write in English? I have been mixing it up. Writing a review in English thinking that a global tourist might read it. I've written in the local language on a local that might interest more to a native speaker. Now I'm moving to this little city in Brazil, which I don't think will receive many visits from global tourist, should I write the reviews in Portuguese? 

Anyhow. I love to help. I love to show how the food looks, how the place looks. I love to answer questions about a place too. It helps me work on my memory.

Residencial Torres do Mirante - Rua Carlinhos José Ribeiro - Vila Jaiara Setor Norte, Anápolis - State of Goiás, Brazil