Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Beast Burger Meetup

Beast Burger Meetup

Beast Burger

Su Thep, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand

October 12, 2017 @ 18:00 (+07)

We're going to meetup at Beast Burger for an early dinner and meet other local guides and make new friends. Afterwards we will continue on to some local dessert places (bring along your suggestions) and do some map/place editing along the way.

RSVP here

5 comments
Level 8

Re: Beast Burger Meetup

This is my first meetup and I'll be attending no matter what so if you're in the Chiang Mai area please come along and bring some friends even if they're not part of the local guides program. 

Level 8

This is still going ahead if anyone wants to join us. I'm brining some non local guide friends so there should be a nice little group of us. I will be standing out the front at 6pm to meet people - tall guy with short brown hair and wearing a mottled white tshirt that says 'PokerStars' over the left breast. 

Hope to see you there 🙂

Level 8

I had 3 people RSVP for this on the day but none of them showed so actually it was a bit of a flop from the local guides side. I did have 8 or so other friends come along so I wasn't eating alone ;). I think more advanced planning will be required next time.

Level 10

This looked like it was really fun. Did you take photos of your experience there? Do you recommend visiting this place during my next visit to Thailand?

The local guides meetups can often flop, someone can host a meet-up but without due communication or marketing it usually doesn't end up going through. I've been to several meet-ups where it's just myself and the organiser (I'm really bad at saying no), but each of them were always worthwhile nonetheless.

I hope your next one will be successful. See if you can tap into the Local Guides communities around the area and try again. Good luck!

Level 8

Thanks for your reply @Briggs. I don't have any photos of the event other than those I took of the food and restaurant for my review. I gave it 5/5 and definitely recommend visiting if you're into burgers when you're in Chiang Mai. However, if you're only in town a short time it would make more sense to stick to Thai food. 

I'm going to try again before I leave this city but with more marketing and lead time so hopefully it will be more successful next time :).