rtsayles's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Anyone from Dallas, Texas area?

My personal experiences with Local Guides have been enlightening - to say the least.  I look forward to the next meetup.  

Traveling Executive - Sharing good vibes and local experiences with the world - It is better to experience something once than to hear about it a thousand times. Travel On. Experience the world.
Level 5

New to the Local Guides
Is the intent of this to just take photos of the places we visit?

Level 8

Welcome, Drew!  Local Guides share discoveries of places in Google Maps - reviews and add photos.  

@Drewz wrote:

New to the Local Guides
Is the intent of this to just take photos of the places we visit?

Traveling Executive - Sharing good vibes and local experiences with the world - It is better to experience something once than to hear about it a thousand times. Travel On. Experience the world.
Level 8

Several months later.....

I'm from Fort Worth, Texas and have recently fallen in love with hosting Local Guide Photo Walks. Planning several as I type this.

Cheers!

Level 8

Being a Local Guide provides many wonderful opportunities to update Google Maps, as well as add new photos of places that you visit. You may also edit / correct current listings. For example, a business may have recently closed or moved, and yet, that information is not current on Maps. As a Local Guide, you have the chance to correct such issues.

Meet Ups (as I've recently learned) provide a unique opportunity to meet new people, explore new places, and discover new life experiences. Like anything that's good for you, I've found that the more you do it, the more you want to do it. It's a great way to explore the world in which we live and gain a better understanding of the people with whom we share our one and only home. 

Level 8

Drew,

The intent is also to write reviews and answer questions that others will find helpful. Ratings are also encouraged.

Teresa

Level 4

@AustinCh2 wrote:

Several months later.....

I'm from Fort Worth, Texas and have recently fallen in love with hosting Local Guide Photo Walks. Planning several as I type this.

Cheers!

Hi Austin, I work in downtown Fort Worth and live in Arlington, I might be interested in joining one of your walks if you can keep us up to date on here.

Level 8

Blue Bonnet Circle meet-up = Mid May

Here's the next meet-up that I'm organizing. https://maps.google.com/localguides/meetup/blue-bonnet-circle-photo-walk

Hope to see you there!

Level 9

Plano, Texas here

Andrew Hilton
Level 9

Yes we do. I'm in Downtown Plano now..

Andrew Hilton