tykxboy's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Residential Addresses

There are entire subdivisions is my city that don't have residential addresses added to them. Without MapMaker, how do these addresses get added? Some of these subdivisions have been fully built for over a year or two. However, no matter how many times I submit an error from inside Google Maps, nothing happens and the addresses continue to be non-existent. I don't have time to drive around and manually enter each once using GPS. There has to be a better way.

Thanks!

2 comments
Level 10

Re: Residential Addresses

Hello @tykxboy

Google Map Maker officially closed on March 31, 2017, and many of its features are being integrated into Google Maps.

Key editing features currently available in Google Maps include:

Add a missing place to the map :

Using Google Maps Application : 

Search for an address

1. Open the Google Maps app Google Maps.
  2. Search for an address.
  3. At the bottom, tap the address.
  4. Tap Add a missing place.

Drop a pin

1. Open the Google Maps app Google Maps.
  2. To drop a pin, touch and hold anywhere on the map.
  3. At the bottom, tap the address or "dropped pin."
  4. Tap Add a missing place.

Source : https://goo.gl/RUFZMn

hope it helps you.

Thank You.

Happy Mapping & Keep Contributing 🙂

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Level 6

Re: Residential Addresses

Hi,

I'm trying to fix a whole lot of missing residential addresses in my home town too. Most of them exist, but the pin is in the wrong place. These are easy to correct even though there are hundreds and hundreds of them.

However, there are several addresses (house numbers) that do not exist on Google Maps. I can't add these using the solution shown. Either Google Maps wants these to be an official place (company, playground, etc.) or a personal place (that will only be shown to me and nobody else).

I want to set an address to an existing building/lot. Sometimes these even exist in Google Maps as buildings, but without addresses.