HashimN's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Difficulty Bringing Local Guides to the Community

I am having a hard time bringing the Local Guides in my Country to the community. I see there are a lot of them in reviews but dunno how to contact them. Any advice?

We have the Pakistan Local Guides Community at https://plus.google.com/communities/104130103465115267880

Islamabad, Islamabad Capital Territory, Pakistan
9 comments
Level 8

Re: Difficulty Bringing Local Guides to the Community

Hi @HashimN,

I got a page not find error (404) clicking on your link.

Level 9

Apologies. It's available at

https://plus.google.com/communities/104130103465115267880

@YK1001 wrote:

Hi @HashimN,

I got a page not find error (404) clicking on your link.

Level 7

@HashimN, please let me know if I can be of any assistance. I am available to assist you in organizing our Pakistan community. Let's start and make our presence felt across the Local Guides Connect network.

Level 9

@WaseemAshraf Thank you for the offer. More presence on Connect is great but we also need to mobilize Local Guides and arrange more activities. I am thinking of starting a Facebook page to complement the Pakistan Local Guides Google Plus community. Which city are you based in?

Level 7

@HashimN, I am based in Islamabad but let's keep our energies focused on Google Plus page instead of Facebook which is an external platform. We can organize more activities, meet ups and short training sessions. We can also invite others to join our local community and enhance our presence and outreach. What do you say?

Level 10

Hi @HashimN, In fact one goal of the new method of mapping (graduating from Map Maker) and this community is to be accessible on smart devices. And about your main question.

You can find the local guides by checking the review on important locations of the country. This is the way of finding more active local guides but how to contact them?

OK, For contact them because there is no direct option on Google Maps, You should find which local guides in country are more social and joined to the Local Guides Community. To do this you can easily search the name of local guides you found in previous step (on Google Maps). Just type their name in search field, press enter, check the accuracy of suggested search phrase and then use "Users" tab.

Users Tab.JPG

To get more accurate results it would be good that only enter First letter of the last name. Example "AmirN"

After finding them you can send them a private message one by one or all at the same and separating the names by comma.

In this way if users like to be in the local community, will response and join to your community. Hope this helps you're community to be more active by more users.

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
Level 9

@WaseemAshraf Definitely. So there is a hangout organized by a Local Guide @mqesar in Jinnah Super Market on May 7th. But I haven't been able to get in touch with him. That doesn't matter much. We can work on making sure this event is a success. The biggest thing is to get people out of their homes!

And any ideas for how we can increase LGs in our community?

Level 9

@Amiran Thank you for the detailed response. 

In fact I have gone through the painstaking task that you suggested: Looking for LGs from reviews and then searching those names on google hangouts and sending them a message. But I rarely got any replies. 

The idea of searching them one by one one connect will take some time. But lets see. 

Are you from Pakistan?

Level 10

Yes, It takes time but is also another way to reaching local guides. And we should notice that although Google made maps more social not all users interested to be in a community. So searching users in LGC is one step forward 😉

I'm from Iran. The neighboring country of Pakistan. 😊

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides