PetraH's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Area on Google Maps not open to review or photos?

Why is this location unmodifiable in maps, and why does it not allow photos or reviews? I have attempted to change the entry in mapmaker and have not been successful. I'd like for this location to be able to accept reviews and photos like a "normal" location.  Thanks!

Collingwood Park, Alexandria, VA, United States
4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: Area on Google Maps not open to review or photos?

Hi @PetraH,

When discussing mapping issues of specific locations, it will always helpful to imcluDe include a link to the place in concerned.

The geotag of the post is good for finding posts from a certain location, bit but generally is not enough for mapping discussions.

In general, there are Area features and Point features in Maps.

It is the Point features that we LGs can interact with.  Edit, add, remove, attach photo, write review, answer questions.

If you find a published feature should be a Point, please use the Send Feedback option in Maps to let Google know.  They will review and take the best action.

View solution in original post

Level 8
Solution

Hi @PetraH,

When discussing mapping issues of specific locations, it will always helpful to imcluDe include a link to the place in concerned.

The geotag of the post is good for finding posts from a certain location, bit but generally is not enough for mapping discussions.

In general, there are Area features and Point features in Maps.

It is the Point features that we LGs can interact with.  Edit, add, remove, attach photo, write review, answer questions.

If you find a published feature should be a Point, please use the Send Feedback option in Maps to let Google know.  They will review and take the best action.

Level 8

Thanks, this is exactly the kind of distinction I was failing to understand.  I did as you suggested; now I just hope the Powers that Be approve the request 🙂

Level 8

We can hope, just don't hold our breathes.

Not applicable

@PetraH wrote:

Why is this location unmodifiable in maps, and why does it not allow photos or reviews? I have attempted to change the entry in mapmaker and have not been successful. I'd like for this location to be able to accept reviews and photos like a "normal" location.  Thanks!