RohithaF's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

360 photo

Many business owners do not like to allow take 360 inside their premises irrespective of Google recommendation sent to us. Are we allowed to take photo as a customer without the owners permission inside the store.

Oakville, ON, Canada
2 comments
Level 9

Re: 360 photo

No. No. And no. You are not allowed to take any photo in a private location that asks or tells you not to. Also, you would need to check your local laws governing public photography. I live in Raleigh, NC, USA. Generally, if you can see it with your eye, you can shoot it. As long as it is in a public place. If a business asks or directs you to not take photos while inside that public place, you must comply. The owner or anyone else in the business can ask you to stop taking pictures and you must. You can possibly get sued or worse depending on where you live.

Please note that you do NOT work for Google. Your are procoding 360 photos to Street View and Google Maps as a volunteer service. You cannot represent yourself as a Google employee. 

Level 7

Re: 360 photo

I'm really not sure if we are allowed or not but when the owner of the place denies to take the picture, I guess its better to stay away. The community is to help others but at the same time, we also should not get into any kind of legal or personal situation with anyone. If I would have been at your place, I would never click a picture where I find out that the shopkeeper would not like me to take a picture of his shop. I even have deleted some pictures from my phone where I've found out that the shopkeeper did not like me clicking a picture of his shop. His expressions tell a lot of things.. 

Thats how I do it 🙂

Hope this helps

Cheers, 

Zalak 🙂