SATHISH's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

street view is possible in restricted areas ?

Hi All LG's , i want to know that can we take a 360 photography in restricted areas .....?????

Let me know the details 

Philippines
9 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: street view is possible in restricted areas ?

Hi @YK1001 @SATHISH @deepakjhic

Good advice Sampson. I was taking a 360 at Perth Airport with Street View App and two airport security officers came up and questioned me and checked my documents. And I explained to them what I was doing and showed them other airport 360 photos I have done and uploaded on Google Maps and they allowed me to do it. If a situation arise as such  be courteous. Just sharing my experience.

Cheers

@YK1001 wrote:

Hi @SATHISH,

First of all, it is very important that, we as LocalGuides, must take care of our own safety while doing LG activities.

So if you have doubt in a location if you can take picture or not, better check with the local authority.   It is OK for us not to take pictures.

In general, as long as we can take picture in a location, and the picture is following Google's policy, we can add them to Maps.

If the picture is PhotoSpheres, or sometimes called 360 photos, we can use StreetView app to put them to the correct Geo-location, associate them to a published places in Maps, and link them together to form a virtual tour using the link editor.

So technically, everywhere we can make a virtual tour.  When the virtual tour is done by Google's StreetView team, there are called "StreetView".

Practically, we need to respect local laws, owner of the place, personal safety, Google's policy while publishing photos to Maps.

Restricted Area sound scary to me.

View solution in original post

Level 9

Hello there, 

As far as I understand you are referring street view photos in India. 

Yes you can made but do not try for visual tour. 

@SATHISH

You can download Street View app from Play store for the same. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 8

Hi @SATHISH,

First of all, it is very important that, we as LocalGuides, must take care of our own safety while doing LG activities.

So if you have doubt in a location if you can take picture or not, better check with the local authority.   It is OK for us not to take pictures.

In general, as long as we can take picture in a location, and the picture is following Google's policy, we can add them to Maps.

If the picture is PhotoSpheres, or sometimes called 360 photos, we can use StreetView app to put them to the correct Geo-location, associate them to a published places in Maps, and link them together to form a virtual tour using the link editor.

So technically, everywhere we can make a virtual tour.  When the virtual tour is done by Google's StreetView team, there are called "StreetView".

Practically, we need to respect local laws, owner of the place, personal safety, Google's policy while publishing photos to Maps.

Level 8
Solution

Hi @YK1001 @SATHISH @deepakjhic

Good advice Sampson. I was taking a 360 at Perth Airport with Street View App and two airport security officers came up and questioned me and checked my documents. And I explained to them what I was doing and showed them other airport 360 photos I have done and uploaded on Google Maps and they allowed me to do it. If a situation arise as such  be courteous. Just sharing my experience.

Cheers

@YK1001 wrote:

Hi @SATHISH,

Level 7

@Badruddeen Thanks For your experience you shared , Have a Good day 

Level 7

@deepakjhic Please read my question properly please , what you said about street view  app and all i know already , My question got answered from @YK1001 @Badruddeen , So kindly You can read that 

Level 7

@YK1001 Thanks Sir , I Will Be safe and ask permissions first , Thanks once again ,Have a Good day to you 

Level 8

@SATHISH You are welcome.

You too have a nice day.

Cheers 

@SATHISH wrote:

@Badruddeen Thanks For your experience you shared , Have a Good day 

Level 8

@SATHISH I am glad we helped with your question. @YK1001 @SATHISH @deepakjhic

Cheers

Level 9

@SATHISH wrote:

@deepakjhic Please read my question properly please , what you said about street view  app and all i know already , My question got answered from @YK1001 @Badruddeen , So kindly You can read that 

Owh m so soory. But I recommend you to plz double check my reply.

@SATHISH 

waiting for your next reply.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.