MichaëlPolla's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

"Custom lists of places" feature in Google Maps (Android) is missing

Hello everyone,

Some months ago, I switched to a new Local Guide account. Since I've made several contributions I'm now Level 6, the same level I reached with my old account.

Curiously, I still don't have the "Custom lists of places" feature available in Google Maps on my Android device.
If I select a place, I only can add it to my "starred" places, as you can see :

Only possible to "star" the placeOnly possible to "star" the place

If I switch to my old account, clicking the same place displays a different "save" icon. And when it's clicked, it shows the other lists (Preferred places, places to visit, +new list...) :

On my old Local Guide account, the "save" icon is different...On my old Local Guide account, the "save" icon is different......and when clicked, it shows other lists options...and when clicked, it shows other lists options

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Michaël

9 comments
Level 6

Re: "Custom lists of places" feature in Google Maps (Android) is missing

Hello again,

I am the only one facing this problem ? Does anybody have a solution ?

Best regards,

Michaël Polla

Level 6

It has been nearly one month without any reply... Could someone here, maybe a moderator, answer me? Thank you

Level 8

Hi @MichaëlPolla,

Thread moved to Feedback board as it is a better fit here.

Can you check if the Desktop version of the "Saved Lists" is available to your account or not?  I just got this feature on my Desktop.

We should not use multiple accounts to participate in the Local Guides Program.  Please select one account, manually move over contents, and close the old account as soon as possible.

Level 6

Hi @YK1001 !

Thank you for your kind reply. You're right, I checked as you suggested and I just got this feature too on Google Maps on the browser.

I can select or create a custom list. But then it's not synced back to Google Maps on Android, where I still don't have the feature. As mentioned, if I switch to the old account, then the custom list feature is available (it's instantaneous, I don't need to close the app or whatever).

Don't worry, I'm aware of the ToS of Local Guides Program. I'm still migrating stuffs from my old account, but I'm not really using it anymore - I only open it on Google Maps sometimes to access my old custom favorites lists.

Level 8

For your Google Account that is not having the Saved Lists feature in Android Maps, what is the nature of the Account?  Is it s Gmail account or a Google Suite account?

As the Android Saved Lists is public for very long time, it sounds something is wrong if you still not getting it.

Level 6

My actual Google Account isn't linked to to Gmail nor Google Suite. I've simply made it with the Create your Google Account form, selecting "I prefer to use my current email address".

My previous account however was linked to a Gmail address.

Level 8

Hi @MichaëlPolla,

Oh!  Please remove your full email address.  We are encouraged not to post our personal particulars in public for privacy concerns.

Knowing the type of your accounts is enough for me.

This is not the first time that some LGs features missing for non-Gmail account.

Which so far there is not solution that I am aware of.

Please think twice if you really want to continue participate in the LGs Program with a non-Gmail account.

Level 6

Hi @YK1001,

Ok, I investigated and as you suggested, it seems to be because the account is "non-Gmail".

I've tried with another Gmail account : the custom lists are there. Then with another "non-Gmail" account : the custom lists are not (yet ?) available on Android for this kind of Google Account.

Is there somewhere users can fill in a "bug report" ? Just to let the Google Maps team now about the fact that there are some differences that maybe they are not aware of ?

Or could you report it ?

It's not because I miss this feature so much, but rather that I want to help improve products that I use.

Level 8

Hi @MichaëlPolla,

Certain LG features not available to certain Google Suite Users are a known issue.

So far I have seen no solution.  And our advice is to use  Gmail accounts for LG to avoid this from happening.

You can use the Send Feedback in Maps App to inform the Maps team regarding this issue.  It is the fastest way.