TahirN's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

querry

HOW CAN I ADD A MISSING AREA, LIKE A VILLAGE OR A TOWN, ON GOOGLE MAP AS A LOCAL GUIDE?

Madinah, Al Madinah Province, Saudi Arabia
6 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: querry

Hi @TahirN

Some places (that are "point like" like a single business or other point of interest) can be added by local guides. Others, that need a whole area defined (and drawn in vector format) cannot currently be added by Local Guides. Such things are towns, too. They are not just points on the map but usually cover bigger areas inside which there are streets and squares (also vector graphics) and finally point like features - the only things we can currently add. 

If your town is missing, all you can do is to click on the place where it should be - a coordinate will appear at the bottom. Click on that and in the menu, select "Send feedback". Here you can describe what the problem is - i.e. that a whole town is missing.

View solution in original post

Level 7

Hii TahirN,

find the + circle in below right corner, or double press any area in Google map to add a missing place knowing the accurate coordinates.

@TahirN wrote:

HOW CAN I ADD A MISSING AREA, LIKE A VILLAGE OR A TOWN, ON GOOGLE MAP AS A LOCAL GUIDE?

Level 7

Ohh Good Question @TahirN

First Go To Map..

Mark Your Location Screenshot_2017-04-23-12-56-07-028.jpeg

2 After Marking Your Location Click On Blue Dot Or Drop A Pin Where You Want To Add Place City Or TownScreenshot_2017-04-23-12-56-41-572.jpeg

Then You Will Get Option Of Add a Missing Place . Click On It.

3. After Clicking On itScreenshot_2017-04-23-12-57-16-562.jpeg

Last Step Give Name Of location and details..mark your location

Hence You Can Add Everything On Map.

Hope You Like my Answer and solution √√

Level 10
Solution

Hi @TahirN

Some places (that are "point like" like a single business or other point of interest) can be added by local guides. Others, that need a whole area defined (and drawn in vector format) cannot currently be added by Local Guides. Such things are towns, too. They are not just points on the map but usually cover bigger areas inside which there are streets and squares (also vector graphics) and finally point like features - the only things we can currently add. 

If your town is missing, all you can do is to click on the place where it should be - a coordinate will appear at the bottom. Click on that and in the menu, select "Send feedback". Here you can describe what the problem is - i.e. that a whole town is missing.

Level 10

Above response by @Csaba is the accurate one. You, as a Google Maps user, can not add city, village and other areas to the map right now. Notice that users also can not add such areas under wrong categories to the map. You can only report missed area by clicking on the missed location then using "Send Feedback" and then selecting "Other Feedback" and report the missed area completely. It would be better to prepare a reasonable resource that show the missed area for example a Wikipedia link or a link to official map of the town. This can help for adding the missed area sooner.

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
Level 10

Hi @Amiran, thanks for correcting. I wrote "Report a problem" but in fact the top menu item is indeed "Send feedback" (now I corrected it).

Level 10

Hi @Csaba 😉 Thanks for your attention 

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides