Sylvain-B's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

quality of comments

Hi friends,

I am new here in local guides community and i discover day by day all functionality of LG project.

I was surprised by looking other guides profile: many of them just review by saying "good", "ok", "nice", "beautiful", etc... Does google consider these comments (and local guides who made it )to be relevant ?

Of course all those profile are up to lvl5 with thousand points.  It remain me the time i was playing online game when people use exploit or bot to level up fast...

I am sorry if this question was already mentioned and treated but i think it's important for beginner like me to know if this kind of practice are allowed.

If it is not allowed, is there any way to help google team to identify them in order to act ?

Thank you for help and thank you for this really nice collaboratif project.

7 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: quality of comments

Hello @Sylvain-B,

You are correct. Unfortunately some people post low quality content or fake contributions in order to level up or earn rewards. You can help us identify this content by flagging it when you see it. You can also let us know privately if you come across someone doing this to a large degree (you mention people with 100s of these one word contributions).

You can find our review and photo policies for businesses here

View solution in original post

Solution

Hello @Sylvain-B,

You are correct. Unfortunately some people post low quality content or fake contributions in order to level up or earn rewards. You can help us identify this content by flagging it when you see it. You can also let us know privately if you come across someone doing this to a large degree (you mention people with 100s of these one word contributions).

Level 7

Ok thank you for this information, i hope this practice will not degrade the community and the local guides project.

Level 9

This seems to be a major problem - fake reviews and also the low quality, boiler plate reviews. I'm really surprised that there is (apparently) no effective way to automatically discourage boiler plate reviews and ban those individuals entering large numbers of obviously fake reviews. I don't necessarily mean automatic banning of LG:s entering low quality reviews - that could hit pretty hard and probably in some cases miss the target - but discouraging that kind of behaviour should be just fine.

Twitter: @niiloa
Blog: http://www.dvis.se
YouTube: http://youtube.com/niiloa, http://youtube.com/besmartonair
Level 8

@CorrieD wrote:

Hello @Sylvain-B,

As for me, flagging inappropriate or incomplete comments in my area would be a full time job.

For the few times I've tried, nothing is done to correct the abuses, anyway.

Level 7

@Corrie Sorry for stupid question but... how can i contact you privately for send you profiles with one word contribution ?

Level 2

yes, I honestly believe that the Quality of Comments are so important. The fact is that "this is our community" and Google is helping us to make it better and the best perhaps. So, comments, should not only help the Customers, but it should help to the Businesses too.  For example when i wrote against Winners at College Park in Toronto, at the same I I gave suggestions to manager how to improve its services

@Sylvain-B You can send an email to local-guidesATgoogleDOTcom