Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

#monthlytopic of December 2020 - Fruit power🍓🍍🍎🍇🍉 Watermelon

Shout out to @HiroyukiTakisawa  for another great #monthlytopic post for the month of December 2020.  

My power fruit is watermelon; the same fruit I loved in the U.S.  Watermelon love can be seen almost anywhere in the world and in many different forms.  The power of watermelon is ubiquitous! 

Caption watermelon infused with watermelon vodkaCaption watermelon infused with watermelon vodka

Once a year, I roll up my sleeves and dig into a watermelon.  I cut a hole in the top the scoop a bunch of pulp out of the center then top it off with watermelon liquor and vodka.  Watermelon vodka would do the same trick.   I freeze the melon for a few days, or at least until the rine gets slightly soft. Remove it then cut the melon any way you like and enjoy.  

Caption $500.00USD watermelonCaption $500.00USD watermelon

If you are rich and can afford a $500.00USD cube-shaped watermelon then here you are.  Available at all fine department stores throughout Japan!  There are people who buy these things, you know. 

Dominique Ansel Watermelon ice cream in watermelon sleeveDominique Ansel Watermelon ice cream in watermelon sleeve

World-renowned pastry chef Ansel Dominique's creation.  Watermelon Soft cream.  The seeds are replaced with chocolate, so everything else you can eat except the rine.   I ate this in Omotesando.

Watermelon cocktailWatermelon cocktail

Watermelon cocktail!

$800.00USD Pyramid Watermelon$800.00USD Pyramid Watermelon

This triangular-shaped watermelon is about $120.00USD.  Again, there are people here who buy these expensive designer fruits.  I have tried them, but am not convinced I should use my own money. 

How about you, do you love a big juicy watermelon?

Tokyo, Japan
22 comments
Level 9

Re: #monthlytopic of December 2020 - Fruit power🍓🍍🍎🍇🍉 Watermelon

Wow wow @Anonymous 

Great post... How did you manage to get the different shapes of watermelon.  Here watermelon is only oval...

Thanks for sharing this amazing post with us here on connect. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @Austinelewex 

In order to make a square shape, the melon is placed inside a glass cube when young and as it grows, it conforms to the shape of the container. The triangular ones are a lot trickier and can take years to perfect.  

Level 9

Thanks you for the answer @Anonymous It seems simple but actually is difficult to achieve. 

Have a great weekday. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok so this seems to make me hungry.

Level 9

My daughter loves to eat watermelon a lot @Anonymous This season we ate a lot of watermelon during the lockdown time. Thanks for choosing this as your Fruit Power fruit for this month's topic. Regards.

Connect Moderator

Awesome post! I was expecting that someone post about the cube-shaped watermelon from Japan! Thank you, @Anonymous . Btw, of course I love watermelon🍉

Hi, @StephenAbraham ! That is here😁

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm pretty good at inspiring people to get hungry @Anonymous   haha...  Enjoy. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, Sir @HiroyukiTakisawa  Yes. We both share a deep interest in the green fruit.  Thank you for hosting again!  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @MukulR ,

Thank you for sharing that lovely watermelon photo.  They are so refreshing when served cold.