cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

how to contribute more

Hi Guides,

Please some body guide me how to contribute more, 

As number of places are which we have visited but no wifi. so its not coming in list of contribute

Regards,

9 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: how to contribute more

Hi IkramA,

You can manually edit your location history at https://www.google.fr/maps/timeline and add places you visited.

Even if you don't, you can always pick a place in google maps and add reviews, tips and photos to it, and it will be counted as a contribution all the same.

View solution in original post

Level 8
Solution

Hi IkramA,

You can manually edit your location history at https://www.google.fr/maps/timeline and add places you visited.

Even if you don't, you can always pick a place in google maps and add reviews, tips and photos to it, and it will be counted as a contribution all the same.

Level 8

When I go out I not only take photos and post reviews but I check for closed businesses, wrong locations, etc. I find there are plenty of malls (large and small) that have outdated listings and businesses in the wrong location. If I go to a new shopping area I find I can contribute quite a bit with little effort. 

Level 7

Thanks u so much 

Level 7

Thanks u dear its good idea to work out for more contributations

Level 7

Hi,

I was already facing this situation. And i spotted the location on Google maps the add the location.

Then after validation i added photos.

Level 3

You can report on google map edit option..

@KurtB wrote:

When I go out I not only take photos and post reviews but I check for closed businesses, wrong locations, etc. I find there are plenty of malls (large and small) that have outdated listings and businesses in the wrong location. If I go to a new shopping area I find I can contribute quite a bit with little effort. 

Level 9

Hi @KurtB25,

I do the same things as you do. I think one need to be a bit more sensitive as a local guide.

Eddy

Level 7

Thank you for all.

Level 9

An easy way to ensure that places you visited are on your timeline is when you are at the place, look at the map and click on the blue dot. It will give you a number places. that it thinks you are near. Click on the one that you are at and it will add it to your timeline on the spot. There is no need to have Wi-Fi. The phone uses other devices such as GPS and cell phone signals in addition to Wi-Fi to locate where you are. Under settings for location be sure you have high accuracy turned on. That will use as many sensors on the phone as possible to detect where your location is.

When you get to a place that has Wi-Fi that information will be sent back to Google and will show up in your timeline.