Pranav78657's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9
Level 9

Re: how do i add a natural waterfall to google maps?

@YK1001 wrote:

I said observation points of waterfall is mappable.

Hey Sampson, I think this was the nub of my point. Let me explain as I hope it will make things clearer and show that I was not quoting you out of context and I wasn't saying you were wrong, only that I was concerned about an unmappable feature.

In your first posting in this thread you said: "But the observation points for the waterfall is mappable."  There was no context given to the LG, you didn't say "an observation point MAY be mappable" or "some observation points are mappable". You simply said the waterfall isn't mappable but the observation points for the waterfall are.

My posting then replied to that advice. I was trying (badly) to tease out the fact that there is no blanket allowance of observation points, it is on a case by case basis. IMHO without my post, the LG may have assumed that it was OK to add an observation point for  this specific waterfall without any further consideration of the specifics of that location.

Level 8

@Pea,

Certain feature is Mappable - subject to the terms and conditions given by Google.

So for similar features some are approved and some are denied.

Will you always quote all the terms and conditions in every conversation?

I find you are assumming gulity unless proven otherwise.  I am assumming innocent unless proven otherwise.

I think we can conclude this exchange at this point.

Level 9
Level 9

@YK1001 wrote:

Will you always quote all the terms and conditions in every conversation?

No, but I do add context where there may be ambiguity and avoid absolutes where conditionals would be better. Instead of "But the observation points for the waterfall is mappable"  I would say "But the observation points for the waterfall may be mappable" and then give a quick explanation. These threads are searchable and other LGs will read them and could assume the wrong thing without a little helpful background.

Many thanks, have a great day Sampson

Level 8

I will say an apple is edible.  I will not say an apple MAY BE edible - provided that it is not rotten, not poisioned, etc.

So when my son attending a class (which eating is prohibitted) and eat apple and got punished.  Is apple edible then?  If someone eat an apple without cleaning and got sick, is apple edible?

So please accept that there are fundental difference on how to conduct conversations.  And each of us are different.

Once again, the best practise to being good Reviewer, might not be always the best for a LG. 

Level 3

This exchange was highly annoying and unfruitful, similar to a rotten apple. 

Level 5

Дорогие модераторы. Невозможностью просто добавлять на карте интересные, знаковые географические объекты, без привязок к ресторанам, кафе и парковкам, коих в окружении 100 миль может не быть, Вы отталкиваете от ресурса большое количество активно путешествующих клиентов. Обладающих реально интересными снимками этих мест.

Level 7

Hi, waterfall category is still no available. What can we do?