Marc_G's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

bringing back a map listing

I have a question. If you notice a listing has completely disappeared and shows up on your photos as "unknown place" presumably because it was reported as no longer being there or no longer in business or etc. and you know that it is in fact still in business, how do you report it as still in business without having to list it again, basically having the old listing brought back. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

unknown.jpg

4 comments
Level 8

Re: bringing back a map listing

@Marc_G ,

Have you searched for the business/ POI on Google Maps? I have a supermarket in my village that has been closed for business for over 6 months. When I search for it, it still shows up. Check this out. As you can see, you can still edit this permanently closed business and make it active again. My photos are still there, so it is obviously not the same scenario as with you.

Could you please give us further details about the place that you think may have been removed. What kind of place was it, the location, etc.?

- One of my first questions is, to study your case, was the place mappable?
- Could it have been that you contributed to a duplicate listing that was not properly merged?

Level 10

Thanks for the response JeroenM, yes I have searched the business and it doesn't show up anywhere. The business is a closing store in a mall and yes the place is mappable, also since there is no other listing for it when I check there are no other duplicate listing it may have merged with. 

Level 10

@Marc_Gcheck this this buisness 

Kukkar Nukkar

is permanently closed on my request but still showing on map as a permanent closed status with you its different matter will you give me the Place link its name or a link of a picture of this link if a place is in proper business it still remains in maps

MUHAMMAD USMAN Facebook
Who am I
Level 8

When you are certain that the business is mappable and that there is no apparent reason why it may have been removed, we probably shall never find out. However, in such a scenario you can, of course, consider adding the missing place to Google Maps and re-upload your photos AFTER you deleted the orphans as duplicate photos are grounds for suspension.

Best wishes,

JeroenM