askthecoffeeguy's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

askthecoffeeguy - why I love local guides

ok  admit it - I love technology and they way that it keeps us connected and allows us to share our experience with others, so its almost second nature for me now to share my experiences online with local guides, as I turn to local guides as a source of information and for recommendations, especially whenever Im in a new area.  Plus I love sharing what I know about where I live, so that others can also benefit from my experience

Im also mad keen about photography, and I love the way that google naturally integrates all of my experiences

recently my compute crashed at home and I lost all of my stored content, which was initially devastating, but then I thought to myself, 'Wait a minute, googles got my photos backed up, and all of my documents are stores in either docs or sheets, and my music is backed up to the cloud - so what else do I need!

It was actually quite a comforting thought to realise that everything which I thought I had lost was actually easily accessible and within hands reach with the click of a few buttons!

Case in point - the following photograph of Noosa Main Beach, taken by me at Sunset just over a week ago went viral when I loaded to a local social media platform, and was picked up by the local print media, and it actually ran in the local paper last Friday - and yes, it was edited by me both in camera, and using editing software afterwards, but the version Im showing you right now is by far my favourite

And can you guess who this final edit came from?

I'll give you a clue - it wasn't me!  

It was the assistant function in Google Photos!

It just popped up as I was glancing through and I love it so much I just want the whole world to experience it so that they too can get a glimpse of where I live and feel for a moment what its like to be in my shoes!  I feel so blessed to live in paradise here on the Sunshine Coast in Australia - and I dont care who knows it!

If it makes you feel good and like you want to come here and visit, then good! That's how I want you to feel!  I'm proud of where we live and our commitment to sustainable development whist preserving and prioritising nature and the natural environment, and its a positive role model that I think the whole world should wake up to, because if we can do it then so can you!  ANd the tourism dollars flowing our way would seem to support that hypothesis!

Anyway, enough banging on about the little slice of heaven where I live. Here's the photograph of the local beach at sunset that I was talking about.

But now Im going to stop talking and let you soak in the bliss, so that you can share in my experience too, even if only for a little while 

See you on the flip side!

AskthecoffeeguySunset at Noosa Main Beach, Sunshine Coast, Queensland, AustraliaSunset at Noosa Main Beach, Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia  

Noosa Main Beach, Noosa Heads QLD, Australia