Tonk's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Your friendly neighbourhood new local guide

Hi! My name is Sudarshan Tonk. I am a dentist by profession and belong to India. Presently, I am based in Brampton, ON, Canada. Helping people is my passion. 

Nature of my dentistry profession and my family belief system has taught me to come forward and help others. This pulled me towards volunteering as a local guide. I got a chance to explore nearly the whole of India and to some extent its neighborhood. There I felt, what issues the gaps in information create and how filling those gaps make traveling a totally different experience.

So, when I landed in Canada five years back, I wanted to go and see various places and interact with the local community. The best way to do that was to volunteer for the local community. I am proud to say that I volunteer for Toronto airport authority too. As a Google local guide, within no time, I had not only gelled here but was upbeat about my local knowledge.

As I have moved in life, I realized that Google helps me explore and that is what my passion is. In Google, I found a true friend, the one, which helps you map all your surroundings and helps so many needy.

To be part of the 2018 Local Guide summit is something which will help me grow as a local guide and also as a person. I look forward to sharing my thoughts, learning from the experiences of the other Google local guides, connect with my local guide community and be a true Global citizen

Brampton, ON, Canada