SachinKorla's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

World famous Rath Yatra (Chariot Festival) of Lord Jagannath

Let me take you to the world-famous religious festival i.e. Rath Yatra of Lord Jagannath. 

Recently I had the opportunity to experience the Rath Yatra first time in my life and this experience was one of the best experience I ever had. This year's yatra happened after the gap of two years due to the COVID.

Now I will tell you about Rath yatra in detail: 

20220709_184619.jpg

20220709_151051.jpg

Lord Jagannath Rath Yatra is considered to be the most prominent and religiously most important of the religious festivals celebrated in India. This Rath Yatra is organized not only in India but also abroad in those places where there is a population of Indians. Every year Million of tourists from abroad come to see the Rath Yatra organized in India. The merit of participating in the Rath Yatra of Lord Krishn a's incarnation Jagannathji is considered equal to a hundred sacrifices.

20220709_141515.jpg

The grand festival of faith that can be seen during the Jagannath Rath Yatra festival in the city of Puri, which is situated on the sea coast, is nowhere else rare. During this Rath Yatra, devotees get a golden opportunity to directly reach the idols. Jagannath Rath Yatra is a ten day festival. The preparations for the yatra begin with the construction of the chariots of Shri Krishna, Balarama and Subhadra on the day of Akshaya Tritiya.

20220709_152430.jpg

Yogeshwar Shri Krishna resides in the form of Jagannath in the800-year-oldd main temple of Puri, one of the four holy shrines of India. Along with this, there are also Balabhadra and Subhadra.

20220710_100855.jpg

Every year Rath Yatra is celebrated from 1st July to 12th July. You should experience Rath Yatra at least once in life. Also, Puri is a great place known for its beautiful beaches & religious environment.

Please let me know if you planning to visit Puri. I'll happy to help:-)

Puri, Odisha, India
4 comments
Level 9

Re: World famous Rath Yatra (Chariot Festival) of Lord Jagannath

very nicely depicted. good photos. thanks for your valuable time. regards

Level 8

Thank-you for your appreciation:-)

Level 8

One of the beautiful post  of this month @SachinKorla  i really want to see the Rath Yatra , how's your experience here? Jai bhagwan jagannath , i would like you suggest you to Publish the pictures in full screen   , @wandererbindaas  and @SachinKorla  please add @ this symbol before the name of a person you want to mention so that they may notified that you mentioned them.

Thanks and have a nice day 😊

Level 8

Nice pics and clearly explained @SachinKorla. Glad you had a wonderful experience. I have heard of Rath Yatra of Puri Jagannath. 

Anitha Muthu