CharithaJB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: Wildlife Parks of Sri Lanka

Thnk you Vas T 🙂

Actually, I did introduced my self. Is my introduction not visible? I am from Sri Lanka. I love to travel around the island and share my pictures here on Local Guides. I used a Sony H100 with a 20X optical zoom to capture these. I use also a Nikon with a 55-300 zoom lens.

The most difficult to capture are the leopards because they always remain hidden and are so hard to spot. Best times to spot them however, if your are lucky, is in the morning or in the evening when they are most active. The best places to spot them are the Yala and the Wilpattu national parks.

Unlike leopards, elephants could be seen quite easily and could be seen in big herds especially in Minneriya, Udawalawe and Kaudulla parks. They are also in Yala and Wilpattu but because these parks has more trees in contrast to open grasslands of Minneriya, Udawalawe and Kaudulla don't get to seen them in big herds. 🙂

Travelling inside these parks is an exciting experience by itself, because you get to see awesome scenery along the way. All the parks have huge lakes where you can see huge flocks of colorful waterbirds. Especially, during the rainy season although you don't get to see that many animals, the parks turn green and are an awesome site to see 🙂      

Level 6

Thank you so much @helga19 🙂

Yes, it is a Painted Stalk. They could be seen in big flock near the lakes inside many wildlife parks on the island 🙂 

Level 6

Thanks Nalin 🙂

I did introduced my self. Is this not visible? 

Level 6

Thank you so much for watching Abdullah 🙂

Level 6

Thank you so much for watching Ayazkhanzada! 🙂

Level 6

Thank you so much for watching Jannik. Would be awesome if you do! 🙂

Level 6

Thank you so much for watching @Eire27🙂

Sadly, though illegal, poaching happens in Sri Lanka too, and on top of that, during this month alone, around 10 elephants got killed hit by the train!!! Now, after many deaths, angry people are forcing the government to dig a tunnel so they could go under the track instead of crossing it in their continuous search for food. Hopefully this will avoid collisions in the future!! 🙂 🙂 

Level 6

Thanks heaps!! 🙂 🙂

Level 4
Level 4

Really amazing. Photo quality is very good and impressive.

Level 10

@CharithaJB Nice photos. As mentioned by many others, please share your experience with us. By the way, it is better to add one or two photos here and share others in a Google Photo album.