julienpg_mtl's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Why listing local businesses became my life’s goal !

I started to be a local guide because when I wanted to find informations about small, local stores, I always felt like some information was missing. I couldn’t find their logo, opening hours nor pictures! I could just see a Street view photo like this one : 

This store has just a street view photoThis store has just a street view photo

and this one  (a corporate picture) :

Capture d’écran 2019-04-28 à 20.54.13.png

I had no idea of what the place was looking like and sometimes I even had bad experiences.

Big companies always had the reflex to fill in the information on their Google page, which helped them attract an even greater share of business but the small businesses didn’t and I wanted to fix that. Lots of small places are worth to be known!

Here is an example of a new Bakery : 

Capture d’écran 2019-04-28 à 20.29.03-COLLAGE.jpg

So I started slowly but surely, to add pictures and information about all the stores I was visiting (it created a good distraction during my girlfriend’s shopping sessions (!) ) : 

IMG_20180310_145237.jpg

I really think that adding pictures about the inside, the products, or the front window can help feel the ambiance of the place.

It has personally always helped me choosing my destinations when I’m travelling to a new place and it has become my hobby to encourage other people to visit small local businesses.

Here are a few examples of pictures I added over the years:

Kanuk an independent Canadian outerwear company from MontrealKanuk an independent Canadian outerwear company from Montreal

a small pizzeria in Bostona small pizzeria in Boston

And the last one :

Capture d’écran 2019-04-28 à 21.44.55.png

This one as a fun story behind it. Few months after posting it, I was contacted by the owner of this Lululemon store who wanted to use my front window picture for a newsletter :Capture d’écran 2019-04-28 à 21.43.36.png

The store was closing and they didn’t take a picture before putting the closing signs on. I was happy to share it with them!

Montréal, QC, Canada
1 comment
Former Google Contributor

Re: Why listing local businesses became my life’s goal !

Hi @julienpg_mtl,

I have just released your post from the Spam Filters. I would like to apologize for your post being marked as spam. Our filters run 24/7 and they can be a little harsh at times.

You can visit this article to learn more - Why was my Connect post marked as spam?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!