Level 5

Why dont I have points for my ratings

I have given Star ratings but I have no points for them

92 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Why dont I have points for my ratings

Hello @Lynton, @BhandariR. For every review, you have to give a rating before it gets posted. Therefore, those ratings that you gave with a review are taken into the count of number reviews, and points are awarded accordingly (5 points for 1 review, 1 point for the rating. So for each review you share, you get 6 points.). The number of ratings you see on your contributions profile is the number of ratings you gave without reviews. 

This image may illustrate it more clearly:

ThankYou.png

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

View solution in original post

Level 7

Problem - missing points

Hello, Since the system updated I am missing between 250-300 points and I see where they are missing from, my ratings. If you look at that section, it is clear they are there just missing from my total. I have made several reviews and ratings are part of that, So I should have over 250 and only have 6. How do I get my points back? Thanks!

Level 10

Re: Problem - missing points

Hi @DonnieB The ratings are were you didn't write a review. And I guess the points issue has been fixed and updated. Can you share more information ? Or let me quote from what GusMorreira said:

Hello everyone,

The issue has been fully fixed now.  All approved photos and points you made on Google Maps have been restored and updated.

Please note your points and level can take up to 24 hours to update and do not expire, but may decrease if content is removed for violating our policies.

Please check this link for more information:https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Photography/FIXED-Missing-Photos-and-Drop-in-Points/m-p/346863...

Level 7

Thank you for your reply. I however must disagree with your assessment! In the review section I have a whole list totaling 253 reviews and right above each review has a rating. I only had 2 ratings without reviews and they are still there. I do not think you have the right information regarding my particular case. My points came off 2 weeks or so ago. So my question now is, to whom do I speak regarding this? This situation happens a little too often in my opinion and I just let it go by. This time I lost about 2500 points and I can't quite determine where they went from, but I see that 247 are ratings and I would like to get at least those back.

Like most of you I have spent a lot of time on this project and I do not have all the goodies that come with the levels. I have paid for data overages and spent non-paid days on it as well. (All those were of course my choice) I enjoy doing this, however it is disappointing to put that much effort in and have it taken away. Thanks for listening!

Hi DonnieB,

HelloSamsonR (Level 😎 mentioned you in a post! Join the conversation below:

Hi @DonnieB The ratings are were you didn't write a review. And I guess the points issue has been fixed and updated. Can you share more information ?

Level 10

Atualmente os pontos são verificados em aproximadamente 24 horas. Porém eles passam por moderação e se forem reprovados não estarão lá. Mas é fato que o Google com todas essas melhorias e mudanças está atualizando tudo de forma mais lenta que antes. 😞

Level 10

Okay Maybe @JeslynL could help you out 

Former Google Contributor

Hi @DonnieB@Belcrei-LG-Pró. There are no points lost from ratings. Here's how it works:

For every review, you have to give a rating before it gets posted. Therefore, those ratings that you gave with a review are taken into the count of number of reviews, and points are awarded accordingly (5 points for 1 review, 1 point for the rating. So for each review you share, you get 6 points.). The number of ratings you see on your contributions profile is the number of ratings you gave without reviews. This image may illustrate more clearly.

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 10

Eu entendi o que quis dizer.

E tenho conhecimento.

De qualquer forma obrigado.

Mas é fato que o Google nessas últimas 36 horas deu uma acelerada nas publicações. Valeu gente do Google.

Aí sim. Top 😉

Level 9

Difference in Reviews vs Ratings

When looking at my stats on Local Guides, I see that I've had 604 Reviews, but only 16 Ratings?
How can this be?
I never review a place without giving it a star rating, hence, this number shouldn't be lower, let alone SO MUCH lower!
Am I missing something? Is Ratings not what I think it is?

Connect Moderator

Re: Difference in Reviews vs Ratings

Hi @Warjat

Rating means numbers of stars you given each rating you earn 1 point and review means you write something about this place. each review you earn 5 Points

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.