DebasishB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Why and how I attached with the Google

Hallo Google

I’m Debasish, a Level 8 Local Guide form Belur Math, Howrah, India. Crime-n-criminal detection is my passion and profession, while photography is my hobby. I worked throughout India in several sensitive cases using Google Map for tracking the criminals & their den with the army-n-cops. I was engaged by Government agencies for making the police station jurisdiction maps and marked all the vital installations including Government establishments, Religious spots, Conveyance spots, Medical Houses etc. as per the Government records properly through GPS finding apps. But I experienced and found that there are a lot of mistakes in the markings of Google Map. Even few important spots are not shown or misplaced there. Also I found that most of the snaps are not relevant with the spots.

So I started to edit the spots with my owned photos casually for an improved Google map. Later I came to know about Google Guide and presently I achieved Level 8. Already I edited 430 places and added 539 new one with 3898 photos. Now it's also become my another passion and I spent few hours on it.
Already I went Gangasagar regarding satellite map making of Sagar Island and visited extreme interior of the island with local police station staff. I really enjoyed the map making. 5. Shocked.JPGDSCN1081 Kapil Muni Temple.JPGDSCN0951 Gangasagar Coastal Police Station.JPGDSCN1050 Gangasagar Sea Beach.JPG

Sagar Island, West Bengal
2 comments
Level 9

Re: Why and how I attached with the Google

Thank you for sharing with us @DebasishB 

Former Google Contributor

Re: Why and how I attached with the Google

Hi @DebasishB,

Welcome to Local Guides Connect!

Thanks for sharing with us your story and your experience.

I would like to inform you that I will remove the first two photos of your post, because nudity is not something that is recommended to be shown on a public community page and we respect everyone's privacy as it is stated in our program rules.

If you are interested you can read The 5 core values on Connect and check out the 14 helpful tips for using Connect. This will help you to interact better in the community. I would like to invite you to introduce yourself in our monthly topic.

I’m going to move your post to the Local Stories board on Connect where the Local Guides from all around the world share their local stories and impressions. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!