AradhanaB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Why Local Guides are mapping public toilets in Delhi

Yes!

Not only for India, also some other underdeveloped countries need to have a look on this. Especially in the poor countries a significant number of poor people are facing severe health problems occurs due to using unhygienic toilet or open deification.   

Level 9

HI @AradhanaB

The idea is useful but some classifications are needed like this is normally not a business so need not be claimed and no web site address but Spam by adding website address and all .

shown below are 2 examples .

In the case of adding a Nationalised Bank there should be a list of bank from which a selection could be made and add branch and Atm could be kept open for public and it must be Verified with IFSC Code to avoid duplicate .

Services like Western union is added along with banks and other Financial institutions .

If - Nationalised Bank selected to add a list of nationalised bank should be shown then options like Branch , Branch & ATM , Head Office , Regional office etc could be added.

Like wise Branches , Brands , Chain of Showrooms , etc to be categorised

When a hotel is added options like Restaurant ,Budget hotel , Resort etc . A selection option which was available in Map maker has to be introduced - Like Swimming , Pool , Parking , Hall ,Wine , Bar , Wifi etc

Hope the updated happen soon  

WHO IS FILLING THE DETAILS LIKE WEBSITE PH NO ETCWHO IS FILLING THE DETAILS LIKE WEBSITE PH NO ETCScreen Shot 2017-08-06 at 23.21.34.png

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/badges/userbadgespage/user-id/21203/page/1#
Level 1

Good idea...Congratulations

Anonymous
Not applicable

This content has been removed.
Level 4

Public Toilets, Dustbins and Public Bus Stands in Assam

I know the initiative started by our PM "Swachh Bharat" has to go many miles before it become successful.

I am very happy to know Google and Local Guides has planned to help such a cause understanding its importance.

I too want to contribute. I wish all people of Assam come forward and join to change the present condition. 

No doubt, it has improved a lot...but need more effort!

I request all young boys and girls to share their Photos and Discoveries of nearby areas that are either dirty or clean.

Let us clean. Let us make others clean too.

There is already a government app too if you can use, good. But, I guess putting it on Google Map can bring it to top priority for all the local people and government.

I am not ashamed to admit we have been littering and dumping a lot in open and this needs to stop. Now.

I or anyone alone cannot achieve this...  we all have realized... but together, doing little by little everyday we can bring the change we dream.

Level 1

For Cleanliness.

Level 1

Hello

Level 9

I am humbled by your diligence in helping your fellow man. I am not in India but if you need support let me know how I can help. 

Level 7

I'll start marking toilets in Kolkata

Level 10

Great initiative !

This month National Geographic has dedicated an article about this problem, with special focus on India.
I think it is very interesting for anyone that dont know the problem.
See here:
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/magazine/2017/08/toilet-defecate-outdoors-stunting-sanitation/