TariqMahmood's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Why I was inspired to become a Local Guide?

Hello everyone!

I am Tariq Mahmood a local guide from Mirpur Azad Jammu & Kashmir Pakistan. Today I just want to tell you why I was inspired to become a local guide. As you know all we are aware of google since many years and we are using it for different daily task in our life. Also we are aware of google maps for many years and we use in our daily life to get traffic updates, to find places of our interest, to find distance between our locations. Before knowing the Google Local Guide Platform I was just thinking that all the places and information on internet is uploaded by Google Company. But when I get awareness about Local Guides I was very much surprised that this is one kind of great co operation of enthusiast around the globe  who are participating to help the great cause to provide specific and authentic information to community. That was the point I was got inspired and I intend to become Local Guide a year ago. Since then I never return back and I tried my best to work voluntarily for this great cause. I uploaded thousand of pictures of different places, created many new places, write many reviews and this is continues. 

Attending a local wedding in Neelum Valley AJKAttending a local wedding in Neelum Valley AJK

I am basically a nature lover, a rider, a biker, traveler and tourist. I love to explore new places and happy to show them to the world. I also love to show

the culture, heritage and soft image of my country to the foreigners.  Pakistan Flag in the Neelum Valley AJkPakistan Flag in the Neelum Valley AJkPakistan Flag in the Neelum Valley AJk

I traveled a few countries like India, UAE, Europe and Saudi Arabia. You might see my One Day in New Dehli, India.

Although I am working as LG but I still needed motivation, inspiration, support and help from my LG Friends. I am sure if I might be selected for upcoming connect live 2019 event it will boost my energy and I will find some new tips, ideas and tricks to make the community more accessible and more efficient. 

At the end check my great motorbike trip with my mates here Swat, Kalam Trip on Motorbikes.

TariqMahmood
Mirpur Azad Kashmir